Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sync video with several audio tracks
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
I have one video track with it's own audio. I have two audio tracks (of the same event as the video) recorded on another machine. I would like to sync them. I don't wan't to get rid of any of the audio from the 3 tracks because I want to be able to mix between them differently for each part of the video. Could someone explain if this is possible and if so how I would do it? Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2017 11:36

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps there is too much information. Could you just restate the objective with less extraneous information?

Have you tried it or any part of it? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Perhaps there is too much information. Could you just restate the objective with less extraneous information?

Have you tried it or any part of it?

OK. I'll try. I want PD16 to sync a video track (with its own audio) and two other audio tracks. I don't mean manually syncing. I would like the program to do it. I don't wan't to have to choose one of the audio tracks over the other. I just want it to sync them. Is it possible. Not sure what you mean by "Have you tried it or any part of it?". Thanks
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
The program can't read minds - how would it know which audio you want to have?

Sorry, I couldn't resist ! sealed

Are the two other tracks added instruments or voice?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2017 18:43

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
Just split and remove the audio you don't want at any point in the video.

Or am I also confused? .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
stevek
[Post New]
Quote Just split and remove the audio you don't want at any point in the video.

Or am I also confused?

That works (should) f you remember to detach the audio from the original video. That is the first place to remove audio. .
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
Or, just mute the split section. .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Or, just mute the split section.

Thanks for the replies. I still need to clarify. I often will record a music practice. I hope to sync it first with PD16 and as I look through various parts will mix the audio between the 3 tracks as needed. I do not want to choose between any of the 3 audio tracks before the sync. I thought I was excited about PD16 (trial version) because it seemed to offer an automated syncing procedure. However, so far it seems to insist I choose one audio track before it will do it. The program I was also trying Vegas Movie 14 just brought in multi sync too. When it would work (which was seldom for me) it synced all videos and audio on the timeline. In other words it did just what I would have done if I had synced it manually. I hope to avoid manual syncing in the future and just look for the simplest, quickest way to get a quick look to see if anything stands out worth saving. Thanks
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Or, just mute the split section.

Thanks for the replies. I still need to clarify. I often will record a music practice. I hope to sync it first with PD16 and as I look through various parts will mix the audio between the 3 tracks as needed. I do not want to choose between any of the 3 audio tracks before the sync. I thought I was excited about PD16 (trial version) because it seemed to offer an automated syncing procedure. However, so far it seems to insist I choose one audio track before it will do it. The program I was also trying Vegas Movie 14 just brought in multi sync too. When it would work (which was seldom for me) it synced all videos and audio on the timeline. In other words it did just what I would have done if I had synced it manually. I hope to avoid manual syncing in the future and just look for the simplest, quickest way to get a quick look to see if anything stands out worth saving. Thanks

I think what you are asking for has been one of my main gripes with PD for years. There is no "Audio Follows Video" or "Video Follow Audio" option. If there were, you could click on the video and select it and then select which audio track you want to serve as your "master audio track" or main audio track. Because PD does not have this option, I usually have to revert to Premiere Pro CS6 to do my multi-cam editing to make sure I have the type of flexibility that you are looking for.

TeeMan1 TeeMan
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the issue.

I have a 4 camera shoot, with the video and audio from each camera starting at different times during the set up process. So I need to sync them up, and then edit the timelines, as I wish using all 4 video/audio sources.

I do not want to use multicam to produce a single mixed video.

I import all 4 clips into the library, I place them on their own timelines, I select them by using the Ctrl and select (as I would for grouping them), that activates the Sync by Audio function, and after selecting it, all four clips are synched by their respective audios.

I can then edit the synched timelines as normal. That would be a standard setup, however, as far as I know this also works with a mix of video/audio from cameras and just audio files from another source.

Is this what you are trying to achieve?

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Appreciate your answer. Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I tried your steps and they work! Doing the control select and then searching for the Sync by Audio brought me to it. Thanks!

Quote Hi,

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the issue.

I have a 4 camera shoot, with the video and audio from each camera starting at different times during the set up process. So I need to sync them up, and then edit the timelines, as I wish using all 4 video/audio sources.

I do not want to use multicam to produce a single mixed video.

I import all 4 clips into the library, I place them on their own timelines, I select them by using the Ctrl and select (as I would for grouping them), that activates the Sync by Audio function, and after selecting it, all four clips are synched by their respective audios.

I can then edit the synched timelines as normal. That would be a standard setup, however, as far as I know this also works with a mix of video/audio from cameras and just audio files from another source.

Is this what you are trying to achieve?

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2017 13:03

FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's been some months between projects and now either I've forgotten or somethings changed. I can't find the "sync by audio" after selecting the clips. I have 3 clips each with their own audio in 3 different timelines. I do control/all and it selects them but I don't find "sync by audio" anywhere. Could someone tell me where I should see it? Thanks
[Thumb - cyberlink sync by audio command not seen.jpg]
 Filename
cyberlink sync by audio command not seen.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
64 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2018 14:55

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
The screenshot shows that the video/audio on track 1 may have been unlinked. When selecting these, PD16 is not able to sync all instances by audio, because it sees the video as a separate instance without .... audio.

You should either link the video and audio on track 1 again or deselect the video track. In both cases the Sync by Audio appears and should work. I would assume that re-linking is your best option here because you don't want the video to be left out?!
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The screenshot shows that the video/audio on track 1 may have been unlinked. When selecting these, PD16 is not able to sync all instances by audio, because it sees the video as a separate instance without .... audio.

You should either link the video and audio on track 1 again or deselect the video track. In both cases the Sync by Audio appears and should work. I would assume that re-linking is your best option here because you don't want the video to be left out?!

Thanks! That was it. I had replaced the original audio with an edited one and hadn't thought to link them again. I wouldn't have been able to figure that out.