Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New install of PowerDVD 9 Ultra...My thoughts...READ!
freesky [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2007 00:15 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]

I have : Vista Ultimate 64-Bit OS and Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 Ultra with latest patch applied.

First, the new PowerDVD 9 ultra installed great and patch installed fine.

Cyberlink took away or didn't add the "DVD-Audio" feature for playing DVD-Audio disc, so sad. I have over 580 DVD-Audio discs and now I can't play them. Other past versions had this feature why not the expensive PowerDVD 9 Ultra?

When playing a Blu-Ray retail movie, the player goes into vista basic, turns off windows AERO...WHY! It's totally quite annoying.

Cloning displays is a BIG problem, in order for the PowerDVD player to work right you have to disable cloning dual displays. Both my main 22" LCD computer monitor and Panasonic HDTV has full HDCP support. Playing retail DVD's can be displayed in clone mode so why can't Blu Ray DVD's. Thats really stupid!

Also, The latest version of Cyberlink BD Advisor shows for PowerDVD 9 ultra Has NO Bonus View and BD Live supported, which my Blu-Ray drive does support Bonus View and BD Live . But, in the old version of PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra has support...Why?

Cyberlink needs to get with the times, Add the DVD-Audio feature and fix the Windows AERO issue when playing Blu-Ray DVD's, also, fix the software to enable Dual display cloning.

If Cyberlink has no desire to add and fix these issues, This will be the last time I wiil spend my hard earned money to cyberlink...forever!.

Hey! The latest version of Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 Ultra is very very VERY expensive, so why don't you add and fix these issues.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Frankfourth,

Here are the answers to your inquiries:

1. "Cyberlink took away or didn't add the "DVD-Audio" feature for playing DVD-Audio disc, so sad. I have over 580 DVD-Audio discs and now I can't play them. Other past versions had this feature why not the expensive PowerDVD 9 Ultra?"

This feature is now only available in the audio expansion pack, which will be released soon. It is schedule to be released by the end of May.

2. "When playing a Blu-Ray retail movie, the player goes into vista basic, turns off windows AERO...WHY! It's totally quite annoying."

This is done to improve playback performance. However in the next update release, there will be an option to enable/disable. This is scheduled to be released by the end of April.

3. "Cloning displays is a BIG problem, in order for the PowerDVD player to work right you have to disable cloning dual displays."

This is from the Blu-ray Disc spec as part of their required protection mechanisms. There is nothing that can be done to change this, unfortunately clone mode is not allowed during the playback of Blu-ray Discs.

4. The latest version of Cyberlink BD Advisor shows for PowerDVD 9 ultra Has NO Bonus View and BD Live supported, which my Blu-Ray drive does support Bonus View and BD Live . But, in the old version of PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra has support...Why?

CyberLink BD Advisor does not recognize the latest version of PowerDVD 9 yet. RD is working on this and will release an update shortly. PowerDVD 9 does support these features.

Regards,
David

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Apr 10. 2009 05:51

Martin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 12, 2008 06:09 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Ad 1) Removing features that were present in an older version just to charge extra for them is an impudence! PDVD is already ridiculously expensive (especially considering the fact that it is not even beta quality!) and charging even more for basic features is pure greed! I really hope Cyberlink will choke on PDVD9 and get what it deserves for releasing such bad quality software, which is full of bugs and which everybody is complaining about!

Regards!
freesky [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2007 00:15 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
As of today I requested a refund for this software and I got it. I will have to do more full research on software like this in the future.

This current software lacks features that I wish were ready included. Plus, I don't want to pay more money for added features that this software already cost too much.

Also, the dual display cloning is still my biggest issue. I think it's the software (PDVD 9) is the only thing blocking with the cloning enabled.

I already have a top of the line set-top Blu-Ray player that I can play both to my HDTV and with a component adapter cable connected to my computers high-end TV Tuner card. So I can play and watch a Blu-Ray movie on both HDTV and my Computers monitor. I do not have a problem playing a retail Blu-Ray movie on both video sources.

I have tried 17 Blu-Ray retail movies this way and I don't have a single problem with viewing Blu-Ray movies on two video sources.

I just have to deal with cables..cables and more cables.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 10. 2009 14:22