Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
best practices for lectures?
adoucette [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2017 16:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have a dozen or so lectures that I've recently filmed. In each, the presenters are standing next to a screen showing their PowerPoint slideshows.

What is the recommended best practice for making a video of these for (non-profit) distribution in PD 15?

Should I have just the video?

Should I embed the powerpoint next to the presenter in the area where the screen is? (how do I do this)

Or Should I somehow show just the presenter's video next to screenshots from their powerpoint slides (how do I do this)?

Thank you for any direction in this -- it seems it would be a common use scenario.

Ari
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi adoucette -

The way you go about it depends on what source material you have.

Do the videos of lectures you've shot have the PowerPoint presentation screen in the frame? or are they recordings of the lecturer and you'd like to add the PP into the video?

If you have a copy of the PP presentation as a separate file, you can save it in video format so it can be incorporated in your video.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!