Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Words and Video are not synced after rendering/producing a video.
angela123
Senior Member Location: new york Joined: Nov 24, 2015 21:53 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, so, I have tried about 7 different ways to produce MPegs as well as HD, and for some reason, after I

do my edits, this particular TV show keeps producing with the speaker's voice unmatched to video.

There are not any pips, there are a few

titles, and no music except for the opening and closing. Does anyone have any suggestio

ns? Thank you. Angela

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 25. 2017 19:35

pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
I routinely record Noir movies off my desktop (using Screen Recorder to record my web browser playing DirecTVNow). They are always out of sync.

So, first, the obvious: Are you saying that your source material is sync'd, but unsync when you produce?

If so, then I have no clue what's wrong.

I have (recently) had trouble with DTN where the sound sync changes at points in a movie. So, although I can sync the sound at one point, it will change at other points in the movie. That fact forces me to trim the (unlinked) audio track and sync the various sound segments individually. This leaves 1 sec gaps in the sound at points.

Since you're an advanced user, I figure you know all this already. But since no one has responded ...
angela123
Senior Member Location: new york Joined: Nov 24, 2015 21:53 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
THANKS. The material is synced but after I produce it it becomes unsynced.
Quote I routinely record Noir movies off my desktop (using Screen Recorder to record my web browser playing DirecTVNow). They are always out of sync.

So, first, the obvious: Are you saying that your source material is sync'd, but unsync when you produce?

If so, then I have no clue what's wrong.

I have (recently) had trouble with DTN where the sound sync changes at points in a movie. So, although I can sync the sound at one point, it will change at other points in the movie. That fact forces me to trim the (unlinked) audio track and sync the various sound segments individually. This leaves 1 sec gaps in the sound at points.

Since you're an advanced user, I figure you know all this already. But since no one has responded ...
pmikep [Avatar]
[Post New]
All right, I'll assume that you've scrubbed thru the video on the Produce page and confirmed that various sample points are in sync before producing.

If you sync audio at the beginnjng, does it drift off sync toward the end? If not, then it would just be a matter of experimenting with offset to get a final product that's in sync.

But on the assumption that the audio is not tracking (that is, drifting away from) the video, I would export (or record from the computer) the audio to wav, and then use a wav editor to change the tempo of the audio as necessary to cancel the drift. (PD has away to change the tempo of audio, but it's not fine enough for this work.) Audacity is a free, open source editor.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 27. 2017 19:44

pmikep [Avatar]
[Post New]
So, Angela, I had the same problem (presumably) as you the other day.

I had recorded a Noir movie in my usual way (Screen Recorder), but no matter what I did to Produce it, audio was always out of sync. This even tho both the Preview Monitor and the Production Monitor showed perfect sync.

I didn't try my own suggesting of purposely offsetting the audio at Production, in the hope that the final result would magically be right. In my case, I was able to solve my problem by using a 2nd version of the same Noir Movie that I had recorded a few days later.

Like you, I tried a bunch of different things: SVRT, No SVRT, HW Acc; No HW Accel, Reboot, etc.

I checked Media Info for both versions of my Movie. Nothing different that I could tell.

The only thing I can think of at this point in time is that the first version had about an hour of blank screen at the end that I had to trim out. Maybe that much trimming triggers a bug in PD? 'Cause it doesn't seem to be an issue at the Editing Level per se, nor at the Production Level per se. Some internal intermediate step. (Some kind of pointer problem I suspect.)

I still have the first version of the Movie and as time permits, I might try different things like doing the end trim without syncing the audio, SVRT that to an new file and then work on the new file to sync audio. (I have done that before and that has worked as a work around.)
pmikep [Avatar]
[Post New]
I finally found out why the audio is out of sync with video when I record Noir movies with PD15 Screen Recorder. I thought I should post this because it's not Screen Recorder's fault.

I stream these movies from DirecTVNow using the Chrome Browser. That's not my choice - DTN only supports Chrome.

Since Chrome isn't my choice for privacy, I run Chrome in a VirtuslBox Virtual Machine. And that's where the problem occurs.

Per this thread from the VBox forum, VBox has trouble keeping sync when it uses its internal HD Audio in the Guest.

You can use AC 97 drivers (after downloading) and that syncs the audio. But at the cost of distortion and some drop outs.

Presumably the problem will be fixed someday, since there's a Ticket on this, and because others are having the same problem.