Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cleaner tool
nikolo [Avatar]
Member Location: athens Joined: Oct 28, 2012 06:52 Messages: 127 Offline
[Post New]
hello.is there any cleaner removal tool for cyberlink products?or especially for power director?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote hello.is there any cleaner removal tool for cyberlink products?or especially for power director?

There were for earlier versions but not listed for PD 15. Have you tried the Uninstall in Windows?

Are you having problems uninstalling the program? Are you upgrading? The newere version will uninstall what needs to be uninstalled but does not get rid of anyithing useful from the old versions.

If you really want to get rid of everything, I have used REVO Unstaller (Moderate Mode only). It is free. There is a Pro version trial that will use the built in uninstaller and then search you computer for rgistry items and folders. Make sure you select what you want to uninstall.

When you create a thread, it is much better if you provide a little more background so anyone who wants to reply can give you a better answer for what you need. Take the time to help us help you ! .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
nikolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
from sunday i can't produce any file.i insert video clips (usually 15-20 GB) ,insert srt files and then when clik on produce button ,simply...still waiting.......................i don't know what it happened.the last year i have no issues.also i udpate win 10 to latest build (fall update).certainly power director is more heavy than corel video studio...anyway i post the question because i want to delete everything for sure.also do you know if and how can reset default settings?more background?i don't understand

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2017 08:21

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
If the program worked the last time you used it and the only change in your computer is the W 10 Fall update, Why do you think that the problem is with the Cyberlink program and not Windows?

Look around and several people have said that the fall update has caused issues. Uninstall the fall update and then try Power Director again. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
nikolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
i think you are right!!!i don't think even until know..and other have problems with fall update and power director??but how can unistall it?i make a clean installation and i can't turn to a previus version...
stevek
[Post New]
Quote i think you are right!!!i don't think even until know..and other have problems with fall update and power director??but how can unistall it?i make a clean installation and i can't turn to a previus version...

Contact Microsoft; they need to know that the fall update is breaking programs.

You might want to read this article. (link) and this one.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 23. 2017 16:29

nikolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
cyberlink should release a new patch?
stevek
[Post New]
Quote cyberlink should release a new patch?

Microsoft needs to fix what they broke !. Did you read the linked citations? .
Skillygilly101 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: NYC Joined: Apr 04, 2017 01:19 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]

There were for earlier versions but not listed for PD 15. Have you tried the Uninstall in Windows?

Are you having problems uninstalling the program? Are you upgrading? The newere version will uninstall what needs to be uninstalled but does not get rid of anyithing useful from the old versions.

If you really want to get rid of everything, I have used REVO Unstaller (Moderate Mode only). It is free. There is a Pro version trial that will use the built in uninstaller and then search you computer for rgistry items and folders. Make sure you select what you want to uninstall.

When you create a thread, it is much better if you provide a little more background so anyone who wants to reply can give you a better answer for what you need. Take the time to help us help you !

I'm also looking for a Cyberlink Power Director Cleaner tool so that I can do a clean install and start using my new Power Director 16 Ultra. It doesn't let me activate it reading can't connect to server. I'm clearly online, have turned off my VPN and have made windows firewall aware of Cyberlink. I have posted on their FB page, tried calling but only get 3rd party resellers, I've even opened up a support ticket and saw that I can call them if I pay for those services. Cyberlink is a reknown company, you would think they'd answer a customer and assist them. If I don't hear back from them by Friday, I'll just ask for my money back and Blog about them as much as I can. Sad. It's like as soon as they get our money, it's over, Bye-Bye..
[Thumb - CBL connect error.png]
 Filename
CBL connect error.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
436 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
207 time(s)
It's all good, even when it's bad.
OzDrDj
Newbie Location: Grafton, Australia Joined: Nov 02, 2010 22:16 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]

Microsoft needs to fix what they broke !. Did you read the linked citations?

Microsoft need to remember who there are.

Windows is a GUI, a Menu system for a PC Nothing more, Everyone should switch to Chrome or Linux or Ubuntu and teach Microsoft a lesson, put them back in their place. (Rant Over, just sick of Windows stuffing everything up).