Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Concurrent Sessions No Supported"
Harryj [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 31, 2017 18:32 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
i'm locked out of my pd14. it thinks it's already running with another user or computer. it says, "CONCURRENT SESSIONS NOT SUPPORTED". it won't let me open my pd14. i think it has something to do with "autosave". how do i turn the phantom file off?
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
This is a problem I would usually associate with a failed or incomplete closedown of PDR. If you check the processes running in Windows Task Manager, do you see Power Director there? If so a right click and selecting end process should resolve it.
Harryj [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This is a problem I would usually associate with a failed or incomplete closedown of PDR. If you check the processes running in Windows Task Manager, do you see Power Director there? If so a right click and selecting end process should resolve it.

cool beans! i'll give it a try! thanks!
Harryj [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This is a problem I would usually associate with a failed or incomplete closedown of PDR. If you check the processes running in Windows Task Manager, do you see Power Director there? If so a right click and selecting end process should resolve it.

cool beans! i'll give it a try! thanks!

i did just like you said, a few times, i rebooted each time. but the Power Director pops back up in the Task Manager menu. yikes!

i'm still locked out. is there another option?

these are the options with the right click in my Task Manager:

end task

resource values

create dump file

go to details

open file location

search online

properties
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK - Before running PowerDirector check task manager. It'll show you what processes/programmes you have got running. This is only relevant if you see Power Director in the list because it shouldn't be there. If that is the case then right click it and choose "End Process". If you don't see it there then the problem lies elsewhere.
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote OK - Before running PowerDirector check task manager. It'll show you what processes/programmes you have got running. This is only relevant if you see Power Director in the list because it shouldn't be there. If that is the case then right click it and choose "End Process". If you don't see it there then the problem lies elsewhere.

Hello,

This happens here several times a month. Usually, when defragmenting the C-Drive where you program is installed makes it work smoothly. If a SSD trim it. And do this weekly.

Success.

Alain II
Harryj [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote OK - Before running PowerDirector check task manager. It'll show you what processes/programmes you have got running. This is only relevant if you see Power Director in the list because it shouldn't be there. If that is the case then right click it and choose "End Process". If you don't see it there then the problem lies elsewhere.

i did this as you said. but the Power Director popped back up in the task manager menu. any ideas?
Harryj [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello,

This happens here several times a month. Usually, when defragmenting the C-Drive where you program is installed makes it work smoothly. If a SSD trim it. And do this weekly.

Success.

Alain II

cool beans! thanks! i'll give it a try!
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

Success.

Alain II

cool beans! thanks! i'll give it a try!
Harryj [Avatar]
[Post New]

i had to do it a few times, but this worked! thank you!
Harryj [Avatar]
[Post New]

i had to do this a few times, but it worked! thank you!
Harryj [Avatar]
[Post New]

i had to do this a few times, but it worked! thank you!
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Glad you got it sorted out although I'm not sure why it didn't work the first time. Just in case it is of interest to anyone, this situation usually comes about after a power cut or when the computer is switched off by accident without closing programmes down properly. It isn't predictable and more often than not there are no lasting consequences but it does underline the importance of closing down in the correct manner in the same way as you can just unplug a USB memory stick 999 times without a problem and the 1000'th time it 'fubars' the stick smile.
Harryj [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Glad you got it sorted out although I'm not sure why it didn't work the first time. Just in case it is of interest to anyone, this situation usually comes about after a power cut or when the computer is switched off by accident without closing programmes down properly. It isn't predictable and more often than not there are no lasting consequences but it does underline the importance of closing down in the correct manner in the same way as you can just unplug a USB memory stick 999 times without a problem and the 1000'th time it 'fubars' the stick smile.

yup. awesome. thank you again!