Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Particle timing
Terry5463 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 01, 2016 17:55 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to loop particles, seems the only way I can lengthen the time is copy and paste until the desired length is done.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there a way to loop particles, seems the only way I can lengthen the time is copy and paste until the desired length is done.

You should be able to highlight the particle and set the duration you want with DURATION above timeline. Or you should be able to stretch it with mouse. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Terry5463 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Is there a way to loop particles, seems the only way I can lengthen the time is copy and paste until the desired length is done.

You should be able to highlight the particle and set the duration you want with DURATION above timeline. Or you should be able to stretch it with mouse.

Hi, changing time or stretching has never worked. When you try it, it looks as it has worked, but it will only play to the default? timing.

I can only make up the required time by copy/paste/crossfade. each added to the timeline.

Has anyone been able to acheive it by stretching or changing the duration?
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]

You should be able to highlight the particle and set the duration you want with DURATION above timeline. Or you should be able to stretch it with mouse.

Hi, changing time or stretching has never worked. When you try it, it looks as it has worked, but it will only play to the default? timing.

I can only make up the required time by copy/paste/crossfade. each added to the timeline.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Here that works fine stretching the particle.

Where do you place the particle?

Alain II
Terry5463 [Avatar]
[Post New]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Alain II

Hello,

It's placed on the video line, it won't go anywhere else. Whatever time I stretch it to it cuts off at 50.05 seconds.

It's a snow particle, but whichever one I choose, same thing happens. I just cannot make adjustments to the time.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

Alain II

Hello,

It's placed on the video line, it won't go anywhere else. Whatever time I stretch it to it cuts off at 50.05 seconds.

It's a snow particle, but whichever one I choose, same thing happens. I just cannot make adjustments to the time.

That's very interesting, see this post http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63961.page Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello,

Alain II

Hello,

See following little video on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FkCd1q7fUo

In the timeline put the particle in another track UNDER/ABOVE the track you need it to work it in as I show. That should make it unless the particle is corrupt?

Alain II
Terry5463 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello,

Alain II

Hello,

In the timeline put the particle in another track UNDER/ABOVE the track you need it to work it in as I show. That should make it unless the particle is corrupt?

Alain II

Yes, I am placing the particle on another track, and as I said, whichever particle I select, I cannot change the timing to anything over the default? timing, which is just over 50 seconds. Yes everything looks as if it's going to work when I stretch the particle, or, change the duration, but they go no further than 50 seconds.

In your video you stretched the particle, but only a small amount, if it's within the 50 second limit, it will work, but what if you stretch it to say 2 minutes. Will it work then?
Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello,

Alain II

Hello,

Alain II

Yes, I am placing the particle on another track, and as I said, whichever particle I select, I cannot change the timing to anything over the default? timing, which is just over 50 seconds. Yes everything looks as if it's going to work when I stretch the particle, or, change the duration, but they go no further than 50 seconds.

In your video you stretched the particle, but only a small amount, if it's within the 50 second limit, it will work, but what if you stretch it to say 2 minutes. Will it work then?

Yes, it works with the 3D snow particles for 3 minutes and more, as for others.

Contact the technical support of Cyberlink. Maybe you need to reload the program fully?

Success.

Alain II

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again,

I need to correct something.... I couldn't do this yesterday evening because the forum server seemed to have a traffic congestion and was very slow from here. It seems the same this Monday morning...?

The 3D snow particle lasts only +- 50 secs and extending the particle does NOT help since you have a black background afterward.

As you wrote, one need to copy and paste the particle and crossfade. But you can play with the particle designer and make from the known particle different versions regarding the "intensity" of snow you need to reproduce. If you need 3 minutes you then will have to make average 6 versions depending on your needs.

Hope that suits your needs.

I don't think the technical support will be able to help.

Success!

Alain II

PS. If someone knows a better way, we are eager to learn your trick.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2017 04:28