Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best Rendering Settings for PD 16
Immortal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2015 17:34 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
I have 29.97 original videos that I am trying to render as 59.96 fps videos (for smoother playback, 29.97 fps rendered videos come out choppy) and I'm upping the bitrate from 1,000 kbps to about 10,000 kbps (for higher quality picture). I do these manually and my rendered videos turn out very poorly. Are there default settings that will allow me to render a 60 fps, high quality MP4 file? There are no default options like this in PD 14.
 Filename
DxDiag10-18-17.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
74 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
240 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Immortal -

There's seriously no advantage at all in rendering 30fps video at 60fps. I think what may be making you video choppy in playback is the low video bitrate.

Was it really recorded at 1000kbps (IMbps)? How was it recorded? If the video quality isn't too good to start with, it's hard to fix that.

There may not be default profiles for MP4 60fps, but you can easily create one by clicking the + button.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
You can't make a 30fps video look smoother by rendering it in 60fps. You will simply have the same video, but in a larger, inefficient file.
Immortal [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can't make a 30fps video look smoother by rendering it in 60fps. You will simply have the same video, but in a larger, inefficient file.

People keep telling me this, however my rendered video in 60 fps looks much better than one rendered in the original 30 fps. Explain that please...
Immortal [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Immortal -

There's seriously no advantage at all in rendering 30fps video at 60fps. I think what may be making you video choppy in playback is the low video bitrate.

Was it really recorded at 1000kbps (IMbps)? How was it recorded? If the video quality isn't too good to start with, it's hard to fix that.

There may not be default profiles for MP4 60fps, but you can easily create one by clicking the + button.

Cheers - Tony

Yes, the original videos have insanely low bitrates, average quality 640x480 yet they look like they were recorded at an insanely high quality. I have no idea what's going on, whenever I try and render exactly like the original the result looks like crap because the settings are too low.