Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I want to stretch video to fill frame and disable aspect ratio?
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
Even if some of the features are distorted I want the video to fill the frame. I don't want the black areas filling the frame. I know I can select freeform in crop but sometimes it still leaves too small a video. Could someone tell me how to stretch the video to fill the entire frame after I've cropped it? Thanks

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 13. 2017 01:55

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi FrancoisT -

In PiP Designer, you can uncheck "Maintain Aspect Ratio" and stretch the clip as you wish.

Also, if you right click on the clip, make the selections shown in the attached screenshots.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Aspect Ratio.png]
 Filename
Aspect Ratio.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
969 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
154 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2017 07:01

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi FrancoisT -

In PiP Designer, you can uncheck "Maintain Aspect Ratio" and stretch the clip as you wish.

Also, if you right click on the clip, make the selections shown in the attached screenshots.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks, much appreciated!
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi FrancoisT -

Cheers - Tony

I'm not able to bring up anything like what you displayed in your screenshot. When I'm in PIP I get none of those options as I'm showing in my own screenshot. I did this some months ago but with a break can't figure it out now. Thanks
[Thumb - pip dont find aspect ratio adjust.jpg]
 Filename
pip dont find aspect ratio adjust.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
47 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
In the screenshot that you attached put a checkmark on the Object settings to expand it in the PiP Designer. There you will see the checkbox for Maintain aspect ratio.
You can also do it the way Tony already explained earlier.
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote In the screenshot that you attached put a checkmark on the Object settings to expand it in the PiP Designer. There you will see the checkbox for Maintain aspect ratio.
You can also do it the way Tony already explained earlier.

At first I was looking for a box to put a checkmark in and couldn't find it. Then I clicked on "object settings" and it expanded and I saw the aspect ratio section. Thanks for your help!