Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Drag and Drop Help Please
Walker [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 19, 2008 18:57 Messages: 97 Offline
[Post New]

The paid for version I have got me a 2227c version of PD7 Ultra. I recently build a new i7 system and everything was working fine. Except, PD7 was very unstable with HD files at that patch level (and Vista x64 - who knows).

I know I can't use the 2519 patch because it breaks motion effects and I use those a lot. I still had a copy of the 2429a patch, so I used that. It fixed most of the stability issues I have.

Although now I can not drag and drop media files into PD7 like I use to be able to. I have to import them (annoying).

I uninstalled PD7, deleted it's directory and reinstalled the 2227c install app I had. I still can't drag and drop!

Reg entry maybe??? Every time I think I get PD7 running good something else comes up that drives me nuts.
Walker [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 19, 2008 18:57 Messages: 97 Offline
[Post New]

Well I figured it out although I'm not happy.

I've been working on a new project for about 8 hours so far. Apparently, at some point, something went wrong with the project file.

IF that file is opened, PD7 drag and drop breaks. Even if PD7 is closed and a new project is started, drag and drop is still broken. The only way to get drag and drop to start working again is to reboot my system. What the heck could be wrong in a project file that would break an application feature (even when closed and reopened with a new project), unless you reboot.

So, rework the entire project to get drag and drop back or re-create the entire project. AND, I still have hours of work left and dozens of AV files import.

I am so very very tired of how buggy PD7 is..... I'd love to use the newest patch with all those nice bug fixes but I can't because I actually need motion objects! My goal in life is to learn a new video editor before PD8 is released. I'm not giving Cyberlink any more of my money! It's just so damn time consuming to learn another video editor and there isn't much better to choose from in this price range.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Walker,

Strange problem. Came across this if it's of any help.

http://www.prosoftprogramming.com/2007/10/drag-and-drop-not-working-when.html

Seems from a google search that there used to be/are quite a few problems with Vista 64 and drag and drop. Maybe PD exposes those??

Good Luck

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
Let's hope (all we can do, I guess) that WIN7 gets rid of the bugs that seem to have plagued Vista. Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
Are you aware that in Vista you can go to Properties for the PDR7.EXE program and check the checkbox "Run as an Administrator"

When you run the program you will be prompted each time if its OK to do so.

It may help you overcome the limitation mentioned earlier. If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem