Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Videos upload to Google Drive and Youtube Upside down and mirrored (or double flipped)
[Post New]
Hi,

I recently have been making some videos with PowerDirector 14 and for some reason when I upload them to Google Drive or Youtube they are double-flipped (upside down and mirrored). Does anyone know a solution for this, Google support is very slow to respond if at all.

The MediaInfo report is as follows:

General

Complete name : C:\Users\Chris\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0\White Fields World Tour.mp4

Format : MPEG-4

Format profile : Sony PSP

Codec ID : MSNV (MSNV/isom/mp42)

File size : 1 001 MiB

Duration : 45 min 0 s

Overall bit rate : 3 110 kb/s

Encoded date : UTC 2017-10-11 15:20:18

Tagged date : UTC 2017-10-11 15:20:18

Video

ID : 1

Format : AVC

Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec

Format profile : High@L3

Format settings : 2 Ref Frames

Format settings, CABAC : No

Format settings, RefFrames : 2 frames

Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=30

Codec ID : avc1

Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding

Source duration : 45 min 0 s

Bit rate : 2 980 kb/s

Width : 640 pixels

Height : 480 pixels

Display aspect ratio : -0.123

Original display aspect ratio : 16:9

Frame rate mode : Variable

Frame rate : 29.970 FPS

Minimum frame rate : 29.940 FPS

Maximum frame rate : 29.970 FPS

Color space : YUV

Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0

Bit depth : 8 bits

Scan type : Progressive

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.324

Stream size : 959 MiB (96%)

Source stream size : 959 MiB (96%)

Language : English

mdhd_Duration : 2700367

Audio

ID : 2

Format : AAC

Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec

Format profile : LC

Codec ID : mp4a-40-2

Bit rate mode : Constant

Bit rate : 128 kb/s

Channel(s) : 2 channels

Channel positions : Front: L R

Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz

Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)

Compression mode : Lossy

Stream size : 40.9 MiB (4%)

Language : English

mdhd_Duration : 2700319

Thanks for any help!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sethusk -

I can't replicate that here.

Using PDR14's standard H.264 AVC MP4 640x480/30p (6Mbps) profile, I produced a short video & uploaded to YouTube & Google Drive. Both display correctly.

Comparing your MediaInfo report with mine, there's an oddity. Yours states:

• Width : 640 pixels

• Height : 480 pixels

• Display aspect ratio : -0.123

• Original display aspect ratio : 16:9

... where mine simply states that the Display Aspect Ratio is 16:9. MediaInfo attached.

Did you customise the profile in any way?

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Eiffel Tower.mp4.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
402 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi Sethusk -

I can't replicate that here.

Using PDR14's standard H.264 AVC MP4 640x480/30p (6Mbps) profile, I produced a short video & uploaded to YouTube & Google Drive. Both display correctly.

Comparing your MediaInfo report with mine, there's an oddity. Yours states:

• Width : 640 pixels

• Height : 480 pixels

• Display aspect ratio : -0.123

• Original display aspect ratio : 16:9

... where mine simply states that the Display Aspect Ratio is 16:9. MediaInfo attached.

Did you customise the profile in any way?

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for your reply Tony,

No, I didn't customize the video. It's a presentation made up of other videos from different charitable groups so I compiled the different videos I was sent and then added transitions and some slides/music. When I added some of the clips it did tell me there was an issue with the frame rate conflicting and whether it was okay to continue. I'm guessing this is what did it.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the info. I don't think a frame rate conflict would have caused the issue of a double-flipped display! surprised

When you playback the produced video on your PC, does it display correctly? Could you post some screenshots or links to the videos that might provide some clues?

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
I recorded my screen and uploaded it to youtube and the same thing happened. I'll give you a link to the video on youtube and then the same video that shows that it doesn't have a problem on Dailymotion.

https://youtu.be/_7m2-ClpEgY

<span style="font-family: Retina, arial; font-size: 14px; white-space: pre;">http://dai.ly/kQ0r4JhsjPcO4qp2GwK</span>

<span style="font-family: Retina, arial; font-size: 14px; white-space: pre;">That's the same video of my screens and videos playing on my computer properly and even uploading to dailymotion properly, but not youtube.</span>

<span style="font-family: Retina, arial; font-size: 14px; white-space: pre;">Thanks,</span>

<span style="font-family: Retina, arial; font-size: 14px; white-space: pre;">Chris</span>
ynotfish
[Post New]
I have zip, zilch & zero idea what's going on there.

I downloaded your screen capture from YouTube & dropped it in a PDR14 project (yes it was double flipped). After correcting it, I produced to MP4 640x480 (same as before) and uploaded it to YouTube... which displays it correctly!

Try this:

1. New project

2. Import & insert the sample clip "Kite Surfing.wmv"

3. Produce to H.264 AVC MP4 640x480/30p (6Mbps)

4. Upload to YouTube

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12. 2017 20:40

[Post New]
Quote I have zip, zilch & zero idea what's going on there.

I downloaded your screen capture from YouTube & dropped it in a PDR14 project (yes it was double flipped). After correcting it, I produced to MP4 640x480 (same as before) and uploaded it to YouTube... which displays it correctly!

Try this:

1. New project

2. Import & insert the sample clip "Kite Surfing.wmv"

3. Produce to H.264 AVC MP4 640x480/30p (6Mbps)

4. Upload to YouTube

Cheers - Tony

Okay, so I expected for this to post normally since I did absolutely nothing to it but guess what? It's flipped! No idea what is going on!

https://youtu.be/7RwFYwgcE5E
[Post New]
So, I decided to tinker with the Kite Surfing sample since it's easy to test with. I went into the frame rate of my "MPEG-4 640 x 480/30p (6 Mbps) and looked at the details, under "Frame Rate" it shows 29.97 instead of 30. It's the only thing I can think of that seems off and I always get that frame rate warning when importing video. I decided to try a custom profile off of the "MPEG-4 640 x 480/30p (6 Mbps)" profile, but decided to go in and change the frame rate to a flat 30fps and this is the result:

https://youtu.be/W5OVjRJVuNs

It fixed it! No clue why or how my default profile would be messed up if I didn't go into it, but the custom one works so I'm going to take it. I never would have messed with it or figured it out without your suggestions Tony. Thanks so much!! I'm going to try to render the other videos with the custom profile and see if that fixes it. I'll post back with the results. It'll baffle me to be honest because I don't see why the frame rate being ever so slightly off would cause this, but I'm guessing it may be something on Google/Youtube's end of things.
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi again Sethusk -

What you've shown completely defies logic. A simple change of frame rate would not (should not) produce such a completely different YouTube display.

I just replicated exactly what you've done, but could not replicate your result.

Here is Kite Surfing produced at MPEG-4 640 x 480/30p (6 Mbps) - 29.97fps & here is produced at MPEG-4 640 x 480/30p (6 Mbps) - 30fps Both display correctly.

In the side-by-side MediaInfo reports attached, you'll see the only significant differences are frame rate & duration (related).

Anyway, if you've found something that works, that's great... but there's something else going on there.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - MP4 480p MediaInfo.png]
 Filename
MP4 480p MediaInfo.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
56 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
19 time(s)

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Sethusk - Can I just ask something I'm not sure about. In your first post, the mediainfo report that you posted, that was for the video that you had edited and produced was it? Or was it the info for your source material? That "Display aspect ratio : -0.123" must lie at the bottom of the problem.

What sort of graphics card/monitor have you got? You haven't by any chance changed the orientation of your display have you? I used to support colleagues who all used laptops which were very often connected to projectors. The display drivers were capable of both rotating and mirroring the display when used on projectors and sometimes got really messed up.
[Post New]
Quote Sethusk - Can I just ask something I'm not sure about. In your first post, the mediainfo report that you posted, that was for the video that you had edited and produced was it? Or was it the info for your source material? That "Display aspect ratio : -0.123" must lie at the bottom of the problem.

What sort of graphics card/monitor have you got? You haven't by any chance changed the orientation of your display have you? I used to support colleagues who all used laptops which were very often connected to projectors. The display drivers were capable of both rotating and mirroring the display when used on projectors and sometimes got really messed up.

That was for the produced video. I didn't check the Mediainfo for any of the source videos but they were all uploaded at one point to Google Drive and didn't have the display issue.

I have a dual monitor setup with an Nvidia GTX 970. I don't believe I've ever changed the orientation of the displays but it may have been possible. I agree that the negative display ratio is the only thing that stands out to me as well. The problem is that daily motion and vimeo seem to correct it or handle it and only google/youtube cause the flipping.

My Nvidia control panel shows that it is in Landscape setting with no rotation.

https://i.imgur.com/hPggdfk.jpg

I'm not sure to check for anything else, but at the same time I don't know how to change the "Display aspect ratio" in either Power Director 14 or my Nvidia settings.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes - it was just a thought. Sorry I can't help, but I'm fascinated. I hope that you get to the bottom of it and are finally able to tell us how it was rectified smile.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

This does not answer your issue, but does add some context on reported Aspect Ratios in MediaInfo and the way different players interpret file info :

https://sourceforge.net/p/mediainfo/discussion/297610/thread/5c5de6d2/

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
That makes interesting reading and would imply that the fault lies with the container and hence may not happen if the project were produced to say .wmv. It's something worth trying I would think.
[Post New]
Thanks everyone
cgrush22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2019 10:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the exact same problem shared here by Sethusk. The video looks fine in Power Director, but when I upload it to Google Drive or Photos it is backwards and upside down. I do normally have this laptop computer hooked up to 2 monitors at the office, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
THoof [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2020 18:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey, Everyone.

I signed up just so I could leave this message, even though it's years after this topic was started.

I had the same problem as Sethusk and cgrush22 and I fixed it by doing what Sethusk did i.e. I created a profile with a frame rate of 30 fps (the default was set at 29.97 fps). Once I did this, I uploaded the video with no problem. No inverted video anymore!

I have no idea why the frame rate would cause this to happen but... thanks, Sethusk, for solving such a weird problem!