Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Weird Ghost Images!
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

This is driving me mad!! Ever since "upgrading" to version 16 every so often I get ghost images of clips being left behind on the time line. E.g. I am working on a large time line with multiple clips and i add a clip to see if it suits a sequence, after a while I decide it doesnt and I remove it from the Timeline. It appears to disappear and I carry on working. Suddenly the image of the clip starts running on a blank space on the timeline. I can't see it to delete it. I know it is on the top line because if I disable the track 1 it disappears and reappears when I re-enable it. This never happened on PD14 so it is something new with PD16. The only way I can get rid of it is to select all the visible clips and copy them into a new project. This is impracticable with a large project.

Anyone else no what is going on! PD16 is up to date with the new patch. I am not sure if this happened before the patch though.

Nigel
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi All

This is driving me mad!! Ever since "upgrading" to version 16 every so often I get ghost images of clips being left behind on the time line. E.g. I am working on a large time line with multiple clips and i add a clip to see if it suits a sequence, after a while I decide it doesnt and I remove it from the Timeline. It appears to disappear and I carry on working. Suddenly the image of the clip starts running on a blank space on the timeline. I can't see it to delete it. I know it is on the top line because if I disable the track 1 it disappears and reappears when I re-enable it. This never happened on PD14 so it is something new with PD16. The only way I can get rid of it is to select all the visible clips and copy them into a new project. This is impracticable with a large project.

Anyone else no what is going on! PD16 is up to date with the new patch. I am not sure if this happened before the patch though.

Nigel

I have discovered a bit more. I had .jpg image of a map which I was superimposing clips on (reduced in size) to represent different areas on the map. I deleted the map and the images and my ghost images (of my inserts) went. I tried bringing the map back to the timeline and my ghost clips are back. They seem to be being retained associated with my map.jpg. I bet if I remove the map.jpg from the library and reimport it they will be gone. I will try it now.

Nope I was wrong. The ghosts are back. They only appear when I use the map that I had as background to my clips. There is a bug in the program that needs sorting out fast!

Nigel
collie581 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update!

I got rid of the ghosts by selecting the offending map, copying it and pasting it into a new workspace. No ghosts there! I went back to my original project and behold the ghosts have been banished! So it seems by changing the workspace you get rid of them. There must be a problem with the way the pds file is being updated or not. If it helps anyone to figure this out before I changed the workspace back and forward I created a duplicate map and called it something different before importing to the project I thought this would solve the problem but no the ghosts associated themselves with the new map, That stumped me!

I am now a bit concerned about using PIP as I have wasted so much time this afternoon on this problem.

Regards

Nigel
stevelm1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: USA Joined: May 25, 2016 18:39 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Intereestingly I do have a map graphic right before the problem starts. Interesting that the problem was carried over into a second file that did not have the map. I will see if I can duplicate your sucess.

There is clearly a bug in v16. I will be going back to v15 for my future projects until there is a fix to this. I would recommend no one buy v16 until this is resolved. Who wants a program that may destroy your work at random?
stevelm1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: USA Joined: May 25, 2016 18:39 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Intereestingly I do have a map graphic right before the problem starts. Interesting that the problem was carried over into a second file that did not have the map. I will see if I can duplicate your sucess.

There is clearly a bug in v16. I will be going back to v15 for my future projects until there is a fix to this. I would recommend no one buy v16 until this is resolved. Who wants a program that may destroy your work at random?

Nothing I did got rid of the "goast images". I even went so far as to load a different PC with 16, but the problem had already been embedded in the file by that time and I could not get rid of it.

I have stopped using v16 until Cyberlink gets me an answer to this problem. I just submitted a ticket and see if I have to wait usual the two weeks to get a response asking for more information. What ever happens I will post the results here.
[Thumb - CyberlinkFailScreen.PNG]
 Filename
CyberlinkFailScreen.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
905 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
23 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

I think you need to supply some more information so that other members might be able to assist. What you are describing is not something that I can replicate or diagnose from your information.

As a starter, are you both using shadow files? If so, make sure they are fully generated or try without them.

A screen cap of your timeline and library might help the context of the issue.

Details of the workflow that gives rise to the issue and if it is easily and consistently replicated by a), b), or c).

Any particular file types or editing that seem to be a "common" feature.

Clearly it is not a widespread issue here on the forum but you need to give as much detail as possible, otherwise members can only read and then guess, which is perhaps why no-one's jumped in.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
David38 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2019 05:59 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem of ghost images. Having worked with a number of layers of still images, some of those I have deleted are still appearing as ghost images on the timeline, even though there is no sign of them on the timeline itself - every track at that point is competely clear. Can't see any way of getting rid of these images.

Quote Hi Guys,

I think you need to supply some more information so that other members might be able to assist. What you are describing is not something that I can replicate or diagnose from your information.

As a starter, are you both using shadow files? If so, make sure they are fully generated or try without them.

A screen cap of your timeline and library might help the context of the issue.

Details of the workflow that gives rise to the issue and if it is easily and consistently replicated by a), b), or c).

Any particular file types or editing that seem to be a "common" feature.

Clearly it is not a widespread issue here on the forum but you need to give as much detail as possible, otherwise members can only read and then guess, which is perhaps why no-one's jumped in.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Please see this post.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°