Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Keyboard shortcut to crop video?
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to edit a long multicam timeline. There are many individual video crops to do. I have to hit "edit/video image", then "power tools","crop & Zoom",Then (in my case) "Freeform"then "OK" and then the x in the right corner so the timeline video will continue past the edited clip. Is there a way to shorten this processwithout so many steps? In my case I will nearly always want freeform aspect ratio. I went to "keyboard-Hotkeys-customize but only found the crop for images shortcut.Thanks!
AJM3 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 11, 2017 09:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am trying to edit a long multicam timeline. There are many individual video crops to do. I have to hit "edit/video image", then "power tools","crop & Zoom",Then (in my case) "Freeform"then "OK" and then the x in the right corner so the timeline video will continue past the edited clip. Is there a way to shorten this processwithout so many steps? In my case I will nearly always want freeform aspect ratio. I went to "keyboard-Hotkeys-customize but only found the crop for images shortcut.Thanks!

Recently upgraded from PD14 to 16 with the faint hope that this would have been fixed. Power Director needs to get this fixed as this is a liability. More hotkeys/ shortcuts are needed included one from keyframe and other common editing tools. How hard could this be? No more upgrade money from me Power Director until you fix this. Al
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I am trying to edit a long multicam timeline. There are many individual video crops to do. I have to hit "edit/video image", then "power tools","crop & Zoom",Then (in my case) "Freeform"then "OK" and then the x in the right corner so the timeline video will continue past the edited clip. Is there a way to shorten this processwithout so many steps? In my case I will nearly always want freeform aspect ratio. I went to "keyboard-Hotkeys-customize but only found the crop for images shortcut.Thanks!

Recently upgraded from PD14 to 16 with the faint hope that this would have been fixed. Power Director needs to get this fixed as this is a liability. More hotkeys/ shortcuts are needed included one from keyframe and other common editing tools. How hard could this be? No more upgrade money from me Power Director until you fix this.

Absurd that there's no shortcut possible to crop. Recently had a video with many splits and varying crops. Had to do 5 clicks before cropping every time. Also, unless I'm missing it, no ability to save crop areas as presets.
Dimitrios123 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Greece Joined: Nov 20, 2017 13:15 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Same inconvenience here. I use "Crop & Zoom" very often, in order to rotate my clips when the horizon is slightly tilted (it happens a lot!). In order to just reach "Crop & Zoom", I need to click 4 times at various screen locations. This makes my editing process very tedious (sometimes I have to correct the tilt of more than 50 clips !)

Unfortunately, Power Tools items cannot be acced via keyboard keys anyway. Therefore a keyboard remapping utility (like AutoHotKeys) would be useless here.

I noticed that the custom hotkeys feature uses .pdh (xml) files and I wonder if we could make use of it. The following example maps key "C" (VirtualKey 67) to "Link/Unlink Video and Audio" command ( Key Index 109):

<!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?-->
<hotkey><set name="test2"><key index="109" controlkey="0" virtualkey="67"></key></set></hotkey>

If we knew the "Key Index" of the Crop & Zoom command, we could map it to an unused key combination and import to PowerDirector via a similar .pdh file. Anyone with such an inside information? laughing
Dimitrios123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found a quick and dirty solution to my problem: Use a mouse macro recorder utility like Mini Mouse Macro or similar. Adjust its execution (play macro) time to minimum and you 're okay!
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I found a quick and dirty solution to my problem: Use a mouse macro recorder utility like Mini Mouse Macro or similar. Adjust its execution (play macro) time to minimum and you 're okay!

Interesting. I haven't used "macros" before so hope I can get the hang of it. Better if Cyberlink would add many more hotkey options and ability to save presets. Thanks
Dimitrios123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I found a quick and dirty solution to my problem: Use a mouse macro recorder utility like Mini Mouse Macro or similar. Adjust its execution (play macro) time to minimum and you 're okay!

Interesting. I haven't used "macros" before so hope I can get the hang of it. Better if Cyberlink would add many more hotkey options and ability to save presets. Thanks

You're welcome!

I agree that Cyberlink should add more hotkeys (as I wrote above, I suspect that they do have the neccessary xml parser for this and they only need to reveal it to the PD users).