Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
video section wont bring up edit bar
Paddyzen [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tasmania Australia Joined: May 02, 2017 01:37 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Was editing a video today from my canon 70d. I ended up with a few sections ready to produce and decided that I wanted to do some zooming in, but the section I wanted to work on would not bring up the edit bar to use ie which would give me access to powertools key frame editor etc. The next section would but not the previous one. I did some googling on it and others seem to have the same problem but there does not seem to be a fix.

My first semi serious edit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY8wZKLQIwI

so I was frustrated, any solutions ideas. Paddy
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Paddy -

Long time, no hear.

I don't know if this is the problem but sometimes when that happens, unlinking the audio and video (right click) will allow the correct tool options to be available.

Worth a shot, anyway.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Paddyzen [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tasmania Australia Joined: May 02, 2017 01:37 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Paddy -

Long time, no hear.

I don't know if this is the problem but sometimes when that happens, unlinking the audio and video (right click) will allow the correct tool options to be available.

Worth a shot, anyway.

Cheers - Tony

HI Tony, I will give that a go. That was mentioned in my googling, with comments that it did not work. But will give it a go and report back. Paddy
Paddyzen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Paddy -

Long time, no hear.

Worth a shot, anyway.

Cheers - Tony

HI Tony, I will give that a go. That was mentioned in my googling, with comments that it did not work. But will give it a go and report back. Paddy

that sorted the problem, Tony, now just needed to be careful about trimming without re linking them. so thanks