Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 16 crop and copy keyframe attributes issue
Kivork [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 29, 2015 03:59 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
The older versions like 13,14,15 I could put many short video clips in the same timeline, then the first video clip I adjust the size and position I want, then I click on it with right mouse button and select (Copy Keyframe Attributes) then I select the second video clip and press shift key and select the last video clip, now the second and the last video clips are highlighted, then I click on those highlighted clips with right mouse button and select (Paste Keyframe Attributes) all those highlighted clips goes exactly the same place and size where the first video clip was set, but version 16 is not doing that function, it works only when I select each video clip separatly, so I have to click each video clip one by one and assign the (Paste keyframe Attributes) man, this is a pain on the neck why they removed this function, this is not ideal, if I have 4 layers on each timeline many short video clips I want to adjust the first video clip on each layer and to be able to select multiple video clips and put them the same positin and size as the first video clip on each layer, I use this function when I want to produce let's say 6 video clips 3 on the top and 3 at the bottom, I have version 13 and have no problem why version 16 is not doing it.

The second issue is the freeform crop function, this is totally useless it's not doing what it say as FREEFORM, when you grab the video clip dots top, botto, right, left no matter which dot and resize as I want it goes crazy, it doesn't crop exactly where I want, it crops either too much left or right side or top and bottom side and is never exact cropping position, and also I tried a video clip with black bars on top and bottom to crop, after that I produced 1280x720 video clip and what happens NOTHING the black bars on top and bottom are still there, come on guys, you have already so many Power Dirctor version out and these minor issues are never improved.

Besides, why there is no shortcut key for the function (Copy Keyframe Attributes) and (Paste Keyframe Attributes) this function sometimes are very often used, is it so difficult to assign a shortcut key?

I hope the issues I mentioned will be improved with the next update.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kivork -

I don't disagree with you about the advantage of being able to paste keyframe attributes to multiple clips... but (here) that function has been absent since PDR14. PDR12 & 13 - yes - but not after that. I'd like to see it back too.

Freeform crop is working here, to a point. I can crop a video to any aspect ratio, so long as the first & last keyframes are the same. It doesn't work if I want to create any zoom or pan with the crop.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Kivork [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 29, 2015 03:59 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony, I didn't know that this function was removed since PDR14, good to know, if I knew this before I wouldn't upgraded my version 13. It is really strange with these program developers, they bring out new version and remove some functions from old versions this is what I don't understand, instead of leaving old functions and add new functions they remove, it doesn't make any sense to me. It's not only Cyberlink programes do this all other program developers do that and when a new version is announced they never inform the users what is removed they only talk about what is new. Sometimes I read other software forums not only Cyberlink, many users are requesting some functions to be added because they work ever day with it and to make their life easy but in my opinion no one is listening to the users requests they just keep upgrading and add remove whatever they want. I have sent to Cyberlink technicians few ideas or some improvements I did not see any changes since PDR13 and no one replies or say any word that is why some people are frustrated and buy other products.

I sent an email to technical support for this copy paste keyframe attributes issue already until now no one replied, at least if they reply and say sorry this function can not be added or any other reason I would have accepted, but if they don't even reply this is not polite.

One has always a choice, I also use sometimes Magix video, Corel video, Pinnacle, Adobe Premiere editing software, but I got used to PDR and since then I am using it, but after so many years all my requests and improvements ideas if it is not considered then it is very easy for me to switch to a different video editing software, there are tons out there.

For cropping issue: this is not cropping it's a joke, I started to use Apowersoft video converter software to crop videos, sofar this is the best to crop videos and reproduce videos, it creates all the edited videos very fast and even without rendering time, the end quality I must say it is amazing good, no loss, no time wasting and it crops exactly where and what you want.

Sometimes I really don't understand these huge video editing sofware companies and developers. Since maybe 10 years I work with video editing software and I tried all whatever exists in the market, until now non of the expensive video editing software produces videos without rendering back and the bad thing is that the file size becomes almost the double from the original after producing. I don't understand whay they don't take some examples from other simple and cheap video editing software which sometines can do more. Now I m not advertising the Apowersoft video converter but why this software can produce excellent videos even without rendering back and the other expensive once not, are these developers which they develop such simple and no rendering back video software smarter or more intelligent than the others, well, I guess I will never find out.

For video splitting into many parts, delete unwanted parts, join them and make video without rendering time I am using SolveigMM Video Splitter, this is also an excellent tool even if your video is 4-5 hours you can cut parts and join them in 15 seconds and all attributes stays the same, now I am also not advertising this software but if you are a heavy video editor like me it's worth to try them, instead of wasting hour and hours rendering time with other software. cheers.
sickparrot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2017 07:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Have the same concern myself.

Not being able to perform a mass paste of keyframe information to multiple videos just made a simple task in many other video editing software packages a very time consuming task in PowerDirector.

I sent in a support request to find out if the next version will have this item included. I do sports which has a lot of stop and go action. I then combine all the videos into a single video file. This requires me to fix lighting at times and if I am going to fix the lighting on one file chances are the other files also need the same application.

I cannot perform the paste function 40 times over.

Other applications have this function I do not see why PD had it removed.