Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR16 v2127 beta patch now available.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,

The latest beta patch PowerDirector 16 v2127 is now available for use.

This beta patch can be downloaded from here:

Downloader link:

http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/PowerDirector/DL/TR170927-009/CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe

Release notes:

• Adds supports for adjusting the opacity of multiple selected timeline clips simultaneously.

• Adds POU (point of use) tutorial videos.

• Improves the hardware decoding performance when there are transitions on the timeline.

• Improves the compatibility with MP3 audio.

• Improves the compatibility with created Blu-ray Discs with the MPEG-2 profile.

• Fixes the issue that shadow distance is not saved in the PiP Objects Room.

• Fixes the issue that preview is not updated in Title Designer when removing particles.

• Fixes the issue that users cannot open context menu when multi-selecting clips in Storyboard Mode.

• Fixes the issue that preview sometimes becomes black in Auto Mode/Theme Designer/Magic Movie Wizard.

• Fixes the issue that apply all alignment setting does not work in Subtitle Room.

• Fixes the issue that unlinked audio part is not removed from Trim dialog.

• Fixes the issue that Content Aware Editing is disabled in context menu from the timeline.

• Fixes the issue that AVCHD 2.0 profile would be set if selecting Smart Fit when creating AVCHD on optical disc.

• Fixes the issue that the UI is sometimes truncated on secondary monitors.

• Fixes the unsmooth preview issue on the secondary monitors.

• Fixes the issue that program stops working if install path is too long.

• Fixes the issue that selection highlight of 360 title is sometimes distorted when adjusting view angle.

• Fixes the issue that dual monitor settings are not kept after closing program.

• Fixes the issue that some strokes are missing in the Paint Designer.

• Fixes the issue that the burning of Blu-ray Disc ISO files fails with the MPEG-2 profile and custom background image.

• Fixes the issue that alpha channel is gone when taking a snapshot of a .PNG image from the timeline.

• Other minor bug fixes and user experience improvements.

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 24. 2017 13:17

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Members,

The latest beta patch PowerDirector 16 v2717 is now available for use.

This beta patch can be downloaded from here:

Downloader link:

http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/PowerDirector/DL/TR170927-009/CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe

Release notes:

• Adds supports for adjusting the opacity of multiple selected timeline clips simultaneously.

• Adds POU (point of use) tutorial videos.

• Improves the hardware decoding performance when there are transitions on the timeline.

• Improves the compatibility with MP3 audio.

• Improves the compatibility with created Blu-ray Discs with the MPEG-2 profile.

• Fixes the issue that shadow distance is not saved in the PiP Objects Room.

• Fixes the issue that preview is not updated in Title Designer when removing particles.

• Fixes the issue that users cannot open context menu when multi-selecting clips in Storyboard Mode.

• Fixes the issue that preview sometimes becomes black in Auto Mode/Theme Designer/Magic Movie Wizard.

• Fixes the issue that apply all alignment setting does not work in Subtitle Room.

• Fixes the issue that unlinked audio part is not removed from Trim dialog.

• Fixes the issue that Content Aware Editing is disabled in context menu from the timeline.

• Fixes the issue that AVCHD 2.0 profile would be set if selecting Smart Fit when creating AVCHD on optical disc.

• Fixes the issue that the UI is sometimes truncated on secondary monitors.

• Fixes the unsmooth preview issue on the secondary monitors.

• Fixes the issue that program stops working if install path is too long.

• Fixes the issue that selection highlight of 360 title is sometimes distorted when adjusting view angle.

• Fixes the issue that dual monitor settings are not kept after closing program.

• Fixes the issue that some strokes are missing in the Paint Designer.

• Fixes the issue that the burning of Blu-ray Disc ISO files fails with the MPEG-2 profile and custom background image.

• Fixes the issue that alpha channel is gone when taking a snapshot of a .PNG image from the timeline.

• Other minor bug fixes and user experience improvements.

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator

Big Thanks for the Fix of the Dual Monitor Fixing PLEASE also for the Library Menue -Date- Time- etc.

Thansk

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2017 09:58

Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb 1x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro
1xSamsung UA28D590 4k LUMIX GH5 1xLG HDR
websiteee [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Great thanks to you for telling that new version for PDR16 V2717 beta patch is available.
GVideo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2016 14:03 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
version 2127 seems to be updating!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 10. 2017 12:51

Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Dual monitor set up seems to have stopped working?

Worked fine before the update though believe had to set every time, (one of the patch fixes being to retain the seettings) now the setting seems to be retained BUT the actual function does not seem to work at all?

Only way can get dual monitor is by undocking the pre-view window and moving into the second monitor; like in PD15

When PD 16 first installed, certainly came with the dual monitor working fine?

Anyone else seen this change? Unless something weird on my setup?

EDIT

Appears that by selecting any clips in the library the second monitor starts working again, then works from then on.

Selecting clips on the timeline does not have the same effect, though once the previous step carried out the timeline clips appear on the second monitor as well

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2017 16:27

Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ED

My Dual is working just check,,,, click on the Clip in the Markt clip you have in the Timeline must be blue !! Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

FYI, the build number was updated to v2127. It was a typo in the original post. Apologize for any confusion caused.

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
TY12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2015 15:00 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Issues with Green Flickering and pixel flickering particularly between transitions

We just installed the Patch and can report that it does not fix Transition issues when working with and producing 4K footage.

We are producing 4K footage in the same ways as we have done on PD14 but throughout the produced video we experience a "Green Flash" sometimes between transitions and then various "colour flashes" (blinking) throughout the video. I am not sure how to describe the issue better than that.

I am producing (as I always do on PD14) 4K footage in AVC (MP4) 3840 x 2160/25p (50Mbps).

I have tested the same clips in PD14 and produced the video in PD14 (eact same footage) and there is no issue present in PD14.

I hope this issue can be resolved as I cannot use PD16 as it stands now (at least not for our 4K footage).

I have to continue working with PD14 for now.

Best Regards to you all.
Paul1945
[Post New]
Hi TY 12

I made a 2 Test with 4k and all your Settings absolut no Problem and clean !!

ONLY Difference PAL

Regards Paul Pauls PC
TY12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2015 15:00 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi TY 12

I made a 2 Test with 4k and all your Settings absolut no Problem and clean !!

ONLY Difference PAL

Regards Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply

We are using PAL also.

I have just updated the the Graphics Card Driver to the latest and the issue is still there.
Do you have any suggestions as to why I am getting this issue on PD16 while not on PD 14and what else can I do or check?

Thanks again.

Best Regards

TY12

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 13. 2017 13:17

Paul1945
[Post New]
Hi TY12

Try to complete cleaning PD16 with Revo or iobit to make a Deep clean ...Then reinstall Complet NEW !!

Paul Pauls PC
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi ED

My Dual is working just check,,,, click on the Clip in the Markt clip you have in the Timeline must be blue !!

I have found it generally works, however sometimes randomly switches itself off (within the same project) So open a previous project; the dual screen is saved in settings, do some editing / producing within the same project; back to the timeline, random occasions the dual screen not working and when look under settings back to 'off'!

Think it may be after producing clips, will see if can identify when it occurs Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Issues that need to be resolved IMHO:

1. Audio waveform doesn't show up on the audio track. "Show waveform" is selected. After waiting 5 - 10 minutes the waveform appears sometimes. Other times I need to save the project, close the program, and open it back up for the waveform to appear.

2. Look Up Table does not have a Mix or Intensity option. Any LUTs that are applied are too heavily graded.

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
RonGibson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2017 11:44 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Issues that need to be resolved IMHO:

1. Audio waveform doesn't show up on the audio track. "Show waveform" is selected. After waiting 5 - 10 minutes the waveform appears sometimes. Other times I need to save the project, close the program, and open it back up for the waveform to appear.

2. Look Up Table does not have a Mix or Intensity option. Any LUTs that are applied are too heavily graded.

I just upgraded from PD14 thinking PD16 must be better. Any luck in getting this resolved? I've tried deleting the waveform cache folder to no avail. I rely on the timeline wave to find my cuts faster.