Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Custom or Editable Profiles for Online
[Post New]
Windows 10 Pro x64
4.0GHz i7
32GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Question: is it possible to edit or create a custom profile under the Produce>Online tab?

Why: in PowerDirector16, under the Product>Online tab I have the option to render and immediatly upload to my chosen site. I use Vimeo for company videos and would like to use this direct-to-online feature but the export settings do not match the preferred settings as described on the Vimeo website (vimeo.com/help/compression). Instead of rendering H.264 (.mp4)/AAC the video defaults to Windows Media (.wmv)/WMA. Also, rendering to WMV doesn't use the Velocity6 hardware video encoder, so the process takes a long time.

From testing, a "Standard 2D" export using the Vimeo specs does produce a slightly larger file (so the default .wmv wins there) but we upload a lot of test/demo video that doesn't need to be high quality. Being able to drop down to 1.5Mbps makes a decent temp video that's about 1/4 the size of the Standard/Online videos and saves our monthly quota.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi breadbox88 -

Using the Produce > Online method is restricted to WMV, which is compatible with the sites listed, even though it may not be your preferred option. WMV has a file size benefit over other formats.

The profiles can be customised, but not in PDR. They need to be edited in (now unsupported) software - Windows Media Encoder

There's a zip file attached with many customised profiles previously made available. When you unzip, the profiles (not the containing folder) need to be put in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector16\Language\Enu\Profiles

If you wish to use anything but WMV, videos need to be uploaded manually. From the sound of it, WMV would suit most of your purposes anyway.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Profiles_WMV_17.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
53 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
117 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!