Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with 3D Title
David-Livermore [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2017 11:11 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I am creating a 3D title slide with 2 titles.

Both titles appear correctly in the rendered title slide, but within the the title editor, only the first title appears.

The screen print shows the situation.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
[Thumb - TitleProblem.jpg]
 Filename
TitleProblem.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
221 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
18 time(s)
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
The placeholder is being covered by the image I think. You can insert the image as a background but if that doesn't work for you change the layer order by dragging layer 2 (the image) to the top.
David-Livermore [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The placeholder is being covered by the image I think. You can insert the image as a background but if that doesn't work for you change the layer order by dragging layer 2 (the image) to the top.

Thanks for that. I wasn't aware that the order of the objects can affect visbility. Great to know.

I dragged the image to layer #1, as suggested. It gets a bit complicated from here:

That didn't solve the problem, so I deleted then recreated title 2. Initially, it seemed to be fixed, but once I changed the starting point for title 2 (which I want to display a few seconds after title 1), the problem recurred.

I deleted the image altogether, along with a particle effect that I had been using with the title slide, to eliminate potential causes, and that didn't solve the problem either.

Is there possibly a bug with 3D titles where you can't have multiple titles with different starting times? I don't have this problem with 2D titles.

Thanks again, David
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't know is the honest answer. I've never used 3D titles until today when I saw your question, thought I knew the reason and tried it smile.

Perhaps someone who does know will come up with a reply for you.
David-Livermore [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I don't know is the honest answer. I've never used 3D titles until today when I saw your question, thought I knew the reason and tried it smile.

Perhaps someone who does know will come up with a reply for you.

Thanks for trying!

Just curious - did you have the same problem I had? (3D title #2 disappears)

David
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
No. I created a new 3D title. First I inserted an image and then more text. As I expected where the image (which was the second layer) overlaid the text on the first layer it hid the text. Selecting the first layer in the timeline just displayed a placeholder where the hidden text was. This was as in your screenshot so that confirmed what I had surmised.

I next deleted the image and added it as a background stretched. As I expected both text layers now displayed correctly.

I'm not sure what exactly is happening in your case as I cannot reproduce it but as I said, I've never used 3D titles in fact I've never actually played around with them until today. I create such components outside PD in another app.
David-Livermore [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote No. I created a new 3D title. First I inserted an image and then more text. As I expected where the image (which was the second layer) overlaid the text on the first layer it hid the text. Selecting the first layer in the timeline just displayed a placeholder where the hidden text was. This was as in your screenshot so that confirmed what I had surmised.

I next deleted the image and added it as a background stretched. As I expected both text layers now displayed correctly.

I'm not sure what exactly is happening in your case as I cannot reproduce it but as I said, I've never used 3D titles in fact I've never actually played around with them until today. I create such components outside PD in another app.

Wow, thanks so much for doing all of that!

Are you using PD 15?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2017 14:20

Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes - build 2820.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2017 14:38

David-Livermore [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes - build 2820.

Can you let me kn ow how I can check to see what build I have? My instructions say to press Ctrl A to display help menu, but Ctrl A doesn't do anything for me.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Click on the question mark top right and select "About Powerdirector".

p.s. I should add that 2820, although it is the latest update in the official updates, has been found to contain bugs. There was a beta release patch which is announced at the top of this forum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2017 14:51

David-Livermore [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Click on the question mark top right and select "About Powerdirector".

10-4. With black PD background and not great eyesight, I wasn't seeing the question mark.

We are on same release, so something else must be up.

Thanks again for all of your help, much obliged.