Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Downloading Backgrounds
David-Livermore [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2017 11:11 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
How do I download backgrounds into PD? Are backgrounds available from Director Zone?

Thanks.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I hope I'm not missing something but backgrounds are images, as simple or complex as you like. Are you perhaps asking about how to set-up a project background in PDR?
David-Livermore [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I hope I'm not missing something but backgrounds are images, as simple or complex as you like. Are you perhaps asking about how to set-up a project background in PDR?

Longedge - Thanks very much for the reply.

I'm fairly new to PD, sorry if I'm not being clear.

Within the Media Room, there is a drop-down menu that defaults to "Media Content." Within that menu, there is a "Backgrounds" option. I've attached a screen print that shows this.

If I select "Backgrounds" 10 background images appear. These can be used to provide a background for a title slide.

Each is probably an image file, as you say, but I can't figure out how to add more to the 10 that came with the software.

I hope that makes sense?

Thanks, David
[Thumb - Background.jpg]
 Filename
Background.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
151 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ah - OK. If you look in the folder structure where you have installed PowerDirector you'll find a folder called "Background" which contains sub-folders for each of the aspect ratios. Those folders contain the images that you see when you choose that option in the media room. If you want to permanently add images for re-use which will only appear if you select "Background", just drop them in there.

Personally I don't bother as I build every project with it's own assets. For me this would serve no purpose.
David-Livermore [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Ah - OK. If you look in the folder structure where you have installed PowerDirector you'll find a folder called "Background" which contains sub-folders for each of the aspect ratios. Those folders contain the images that you see when you choose that option in the media room. If you want to permanently add images for re-use which will only appear if you select "Background", just drop them in there.

Personally I don't bother as I build every project with it's own assets. For me this would serve no purpose.

I don't see a folder called Background. I've attached a screen print of my file structure.

Regarding aspect ratio: I am creating a video that will be primarily viewed on Facebook. Which aspect ration would you suggest?

Thanks for all of your help - much obliged.
[Thumb - FileStructure.jpg]
 Filename
FileStructure.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
219 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]

I don't see a folder called Background. I've attached a screen print of my file structure.

This is not where you installed PowerDirector. It is usually in:

"C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector 15"

There you will find the folder "Background"

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
If you run PDR from a shortcut then right click on the shortcut and select "Properties". The "Target" item will tell you where the PDR executable (and the Background folder) can be found.

p.s. - What Hatti says is quite right unless like me you have a relatively small SSD C: drive and install to another device (D: in my case where I have a file structure that I have created for myself to suit my needs).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2017 14:22

David-Livermore [Avatar]
[Post New]

This is not where you installed PowerDirector. It is usually in:

"C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector 15"

There you will find the folder "Background"

Hatti

Hatti - Right on! My bad, thanks so much. David