Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The worst service on the planet
ews1613 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2017 19:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had Power DVD 10 and it always had glitches and wouldn't play half the movies I bought.

So I try a free trial of Power DVD17. I liked it so decided to buy it before the trial had expired. I purchased it and downloaded it. Then all of the sudden I can't play movies because I'm told the trial has expired. Of course I go back to my purchase e-mail and try to re-download and the link has expired.

Now I try and get some service from Cyberlink. Yeah right, good luck with that. The last time I went through a problem with Cyberlink I can't say how many emails were batted back and forth trying to resolve a software problem with the PowerDVD10. Ended up just deleting it.

I hate this company and will NEVER buy another product from them. I really wonder if there are actually employees in this company! The software is good when it works. But heaven forbid there is a problem that requires any kind of support. Gotta agree with the class action lawsuit mail I saw a few days ago!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I had Power DVD 10 and it always had glitches and wouldn't play half the movies I bought.

So I try a free trial of Power DVD17. I liked it so decided to buy it before the trial had expired. I purchased it and downloaded it. Then all of the sudden I can't play movies because I'm told the trial has expired. Of course I go back to my purchase e-mail and try to re-download and the link has expired.

Hello,

So you are saying you purchased and downloaded the file and then it expired? Both the trial and the download link?

By this explanation it sounds like you:

- installed the trial, used it until you decided you wanted it

- purchased the full version.

- downloaded the full version, but never installed and activated the full version.

- the trial version then expired, and now you are complaining.

So by this we must assume that you deleted the full version, that you said you downloaded, without installing it? Really? This sounds like a PBKAC error to me. The download links expire within a week for understandable reasons.

Either way, you can just email the customer service team and get a new download link to install it within 24 hours probably. It is not as hard as you are making it sound:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Dave

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 26. 2017 20:56

[Post New]
It took me a while to figure it out but you can't activate the trial version. You have to download the full version separately, uninstall the trial version, then install the full version and activate it. Jeannie
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
Really funny. This is second person this week who complains about CyberLink's fault and insufficient customers care. Come on people, try to read the bullshit you wrote with calm mind before you post it. Not only you are showing your stupidity to all the world, on top of it you are insulting the company, blaming it for your own mistakes.

If you downloaded a pay-for software and then deleted it, who did it? Your mouse or your keyboard maybe? How about throwing the PC out of the window because you can't handle it? Do you feel hurt by this? Good. Now read your post again from the other party's perspective and think.

CyberLink will let you to download PDVD again for sure. But you should be definitely humble and say "I messed it up, can you help?" instead of screaming like 10 years old kid. .
FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
[Post New]
Quote Really funny. This is second person this week who complains about CyberLink's fault and insufficient customers care. Come on people, try to read the bullshit you wrote with calm mind before you post it. Not only you are showing your stupidity to all the world, on top of it you are insulting the company, blaming it for your own mistakes.

If you downloaded a pay-for software and then deleted it, who did it? Your mouse or your keyboard maybe? How about throwing the PC out of the window because you can't handle it? Do you feel hurt by this? Good. Now read your post again from the other party's perspective and think.

CyberLink will let you to download PDVD again for sure. But you should be definitely humble and say "I messed it up, can you help?" instead of screaming like 10 years old kid.

That was harsh unfair, and not particulary helpful. Cyberlink doesn't make it clear that, unlike most programs with trial versions, you cannot activate a trial version. Instead, you have to download the full version separately from the trial version. I had the same confusion and almost went nuts before I finally figured it out.

Also, the email one receives (not so)Cleverbridge doesn't make even vaguely clear that, after the links the provided expired, one can still go to directly to Cyberlink to get the full version. I also had to download and install Firefox just to get anywhere with the purchase of Cyberlink PowerDVD 17 since (not so)Cleverbridge is either too incompetent or too lazy (or both) to properly program their website for compatibility with IE 11, using the pathetic excuse that "IE is pretty buggy" (not to mention that the first time I had asked them about it, they gave me a completely unrelated "answer"). Jeannie
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
Fair enough. I do not think CyberLink support is perfect. On the other hand do not forget CyberLink is not a company of the same size as ASUS, LG or other gigants. I hate people spitting around without a good reason. If I am going to name a thread "The worst service...", I must be 200% sure I am right. And he is not, I am sorry. .
FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
whatevergong82 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2014 11:08 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Sometimes, it is an unintentional error. When I first purchased PowerDVD (It was 14 Ultra,) I was told via e-mail to install the paid version, and then paste the keycode in the keycode line. I did that, and had no issues. Since the trial version I had used wasn't as useful as the paid version, I deleted it, and I didn't have any issues with the newly bought paid version.

I admit that PowerDVD Ultra can be a bit weird with certain Blu-rays/DVDs, but usually an update fixed the issue. Right now, I have an 6 year old PC that started with Windows 7 Ultimate, got upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, then onto Windows 8.1 Pro, and is now at Windows 10 Professional. Along with the upgrades to my machine, I have bought via Amazon and Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 Ultra, and PowerDVD 12-17 Ultra on my PC, and they are running smoothly, despite version 10 out of date, for example, but useful for other playback of older DVDs and Blu-rays that I own.

Meanwhile, I purchased PowerDVD Ultra versions 10, 15 and 16 for my Windows 7 Home laptop, and have bought 3 versions of PowerDVD Ultra for my Windows 10 Pro laptop (10, 16 & 17.) All are running without issue, outside of when it is time for an update.

Hopefully, ews1613 will get his/her issues sorted out.