Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
♥ PowerDirector 16 Tutorials from PD University ♥
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Check out the new features in PowerDirector 16.

What are your thoughts on the new features? What new feature has you the most excited? What wasn't added that you would have liked to see?

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Andy W
Newbie Location: United Kingdom Joined: May 24, 2017 16:01 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Maliek,

Liked the new video. I'm quite excited about the new colour correction aspects of the new software editing underwater footage primarly as I do.

Any light you can shed on their use would be good. Going to have a play tomorrow and see what it can do.

Sent you an email too buddy about a little project I'm working on at the moment for the British Sub Aqua Club. Have a read and get back to me.

Cheers

Andy W

Quote Check out the new features in PowerDirector 16.

What are your thoughts on the new features? What new feature has you the most excited? What wasn't added that you would have liked to see?

Live big! Love bigger =)
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

I wanted to look at Maliek last video tutorial for PD16 and as we see the video is off? Why is that? According to the message in the video, it should be a copyright problem? Or has he been censored for some reason?

Alain II embarassed
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by CyberLink Corp.. Well it is back up again. I do wonder what is copyrighted in PD16 so that it can’t be displayed on YouTube.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello all,

I wanted to look at Maliek last video tutorial for PD16 and as we see the video is off? Why is that? According to the message in the video, it should be a copyright problem? Or has he been censored for some reason?

Alain II embarassed

CyberLink inappropriately flagged the video. It inadvertently showed up on a list of PowerDirector crack videos (people giving away the program for free). CyberLink did not review the list and reported my video to YouTube along with all of the copyright violators. I reached out to my contact at CyberLink and they removed the copyright claim. The video is available again. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hey Maliek,

Liked the new video. I'm quite excited about the new colour correction aspects of the new software editing underwater footage primarly as I do.

Any light you can shed on their use would be good. Going to have a play tomorrow and see what it can do.

Sent you an email too buddy about a little project I'm working on at the moment for the British Sub Aqua Club. Have a read and get back to me.

Cheers

Andy W

Quote Check out the new features in PowerDirector 16.

I'm happy to be involved. Thanks for reaching out to me Andy! Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Let's get down to basics! Check out my Basic Editing tutorial to get familiar with the tools used to edit videos with PowerDirector 16.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 30. 2017 11:19

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Colors are so beautiful! Watch the PowerDirector 16 Color Match tutorial to learn how to match the color range from one video clip to another using our step by step instructions.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
The video collage designer in PowerDirector 16 helps you create professional split screens / collages with cool animations and lots of control.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
The addition of Look Up Tables in PowerDirector 16 helps you apply a LUT to your videos for quick color grading.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2017 09:15

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sometimes you need to make your audio duck. Watch the audio ducking awesomeness go down in PowerDirector 16.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
PowerDirector 16 includes split toning which can be used as a tool for color grading your videos. Add orange to highlights to warm things up, blue to shadows to cool things thing, or other colors to create unique looks of your own.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
We need more dynamic range captain! Learn how to use the HDR effect in PowerDirector 16 to increase exposure in the highlights and shadows of your images and videos.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've got a particular tutorial for all of you today. Learn how to use the Particle Designer in PowerDirector 16 to to add unique objects and motion to your images and videos.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2017 09:03

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Let PowerDirector make some magic of your clips using Magic Cut. Learn how to use this tool to analyze and create awesome videos for you.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Make sure the program and your project is setup to your preferences. Learn about what you can change and why you might want to change a few things in the Preferences section of the program.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Watch the PowerDirector 16 Import tutorial and get those media assets into the program with ease. See the many options for importing media and get a few tips on how to keep things organized.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Check out some editing tips from PD University. Learn how to apply different ripple editing functions, how to apply transitions, create custom hotkeys, and more.

Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Maliek

This was a great episode, that answered a couple of tiny questions for me.

Thanks

Phil
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Maliek

This was a great episode, that answered a couple of tiny questions for me.

Thanks

Phil

I'm glad you found it useful Phil. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.