Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Collage Designer
[Post New]
How can I make my own collage "templates/layouts"?

Regards,

Bijoo
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bijoo -

Have you had a look at the Video Collage tutorial?

Are you asking how you can customise the templates? There seems to be quite a bit of flexibility within each template.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
hi Tony,

I am not talking about customisation of existing templates. I want to create new templates.

something like.. (see images)
[Thumb - collage0.jpg]
 Filename
collage0.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
68 time(s)
[Thumb - collage01.jpg]
 Filename
collage01.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
158 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
60 time(s)
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote hi Tony,

I am not talking about customisation of existing templates. I want to create new templates.

something like.. (see images)

Hello,

Making your own collage is not difficult and can be done manually.

Go to your timeline and open several tracks (say you have 4 videos) and put the videos on top of each other. Cut the length to be equal. Unlink eventual sound from the video tracks ( right mouse button on the track opens a menu and choose link/unlink audio & video) and keep f.i. one soundtrack or delete the 4 soundtracks (ctrl+ delete one by one on an active (blue) soundtrack) that you replace by a music track later eventually.

So, the 4 tracks will have to become layers, and you click on the first video track twice to open in PiP (picture in picture) designer and rearrange the layer to represent f.i. 1/4th of the total preview surface. Save now and do the same for the other 3 tracks. Readjust as you need and add eventually a border, shadow in PiP to each layer. Polish all layers up as you need. You can add a circle mask with a 5th video track the same way in the middle f.i, etc. You can make a collage with 50 tracks if you wish.

As you realize, it's all a matter of layers, in casu tracks.

Maybe Tony is preparing a tutorial?

Good luck.

Alain II

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2017 09:43

[Post New]
Thanks Alain II for the trick...

My request is "How can I create my own collage template?". For example: like a template shown below.

(Below images are created in Photoshop for illustartion purpose)

Regards

Bijoos
Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Alain II for the trick...

My request is "How can I create my own collage template?". For example: like a template shown below.

(Below images are created in Photoshop for illustartion purpose)

Regards

Bijoos

Exactly as I explained: for video footage 4 rectangles and a circle... For photos similar in nearly all good graphical soft.

Alain II
[Post New]
Hi Alain II,

I understood your tutorial and thanks for the same.

But I need to create my own layout and it should be available in 'choose layout' section of Video Collage Designer. See image below (Image created for illustration purpose)

Hope you understood my request.

Regards,

Bijoos
Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]
heck the manual
Quote Hi Alain II,

But I need to create my own layout and it should be available in 'choose layout' section of Video Collage Designer. See image below (Image created for illustration purpose)

Regards,

Bijoos

I have not PD16 but I don't think you can "create" all by yourself with this designer. You have the choice between what is offered and you can just change length, width has explained in the CL tutorial on YT. Check the manual if there's an option.

Reason why I wrote: make them "manually" with the process explained.

If you have ColorDirector you can do that there too.

Alain II
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again Bijoo -

I think we're possibly all in the same place here. As Alain II explained so well, we know how to achieve that layout with resizing, masking the central video & adding an overlay. Screenshot attached of timeline.

Creating a template is quite a different thing, & I'm sure it could be done by someone who could manipulate .xml files.

If you take a look at the .xml file in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector16\Collage\4 Cells\Script-4-2_aep_Dump you'll see that each video has position, size & masking parameters set.

So - editing that would be step 1 (if one was able to do it). Step 2 would be another complexity - making the template flexible so it could be customised, like the other video collage templates.

Right now, I wouldn't be able to help with anything beyond the layout embarassed

Alain II is absolutely right. Various parameters can be modified within the Video Collage module, but there's no option to (for example) insert an extra video place holder.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - 5 vid timeline.png]
 Filename
5 vid timeline.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
785 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
57 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2017 14:13

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote heck the manual
Quote Hi Alain II,

""""

Regards,

Bijoos

I have not PD16 but I don't think you can "create" all by yourself with this designer. You have the choice between what is offered and you can just change length, width has explained in the CL tutorial on YT. Check the manual if there's an option.

Reason why I wrote: make them "manually" with the process explained.

If you have ColorDirector you can do that there too.

Alain II

Thanks Tony for the support... You make my day!

OK, here's an example I made quickly to make you understand: http://tinyurl.com/y932yh4b

===>>> new unpolished version of above collage: http://tinyurl.com/yccnhgyu

and here the very last version including CD4 and some more effects: http://tinyurl.com/y8wl3eej to just give some idea.

In After Effects, Premiere and professional editing soft you can handle 'templates" and resize them and influence the game. But the

game (process) is much more complicated than 1,2,3 what CL sells here to prosumers.

Notice: the link is not a tutorial just an idea. There are tutorials with previous PD's on YT.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 25. 2017 13:45

[Post New]
Thanks Tony and Alain II for your support...

as there is no way to create a new layout within PD.; I have to follow what Alain II taught.

Thanks again

Regards

Bijoos