Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 - trying not to Rant...Menus & Sound
-Jim-
Member Location: West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics! Joined: Mar 29, 2009 13:32 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Gents,

I'm trying to figure out whether to continue with PD7 or revert back to Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultra. I'm really only interested making DVDs (DVD+Rs for now as no BluRay Burner as yet) in AVCHD format that play on my PS3. I have a SonyHDR-SR12 camera and will use it's sofware to import the files onto my PC.

Like most video editors I've tried it seems PD7 works best with it and not much else on the Operating System Drive. Similarly it works well with both the source video files and wherever you place the rendered files on separate drives or partitions. What sets it apart for me is the ability it has to use the CUDA function to render the AVCHD files via my new EVGA GTX 260. This greatly improves rendering times over Studio 12. (With a QX6850 Quad Core and 4 Gigs of RAM)

I've got a couple questions on menus & sound.

I prefer a single one page menu with chapter buttons with moving video preview. Is there anyway to take a template and delete some of the pages leaving just the chapter page?

I noticed on my test videos so far the each AVCHD clip is a scene and the sound adjustment (by adding volume points to the sound level line) seem to only work on each clip and not the adjacent clip. Is there anyway to toggle this to control until the next set point?

Just a suggestion but I think this Forum should be further broken down into sections. Say one for PD6 and one For PD7. Then one for Capture, Produce, Edit, Create Disk and a general area below PD6 and PD7. The was it's structured now it's really tough to find things.

Thanks for the assist! Regards,

Jim

Asus Z87-A Motherboard - O/C if needed to about 4.6 Ghz.
Intel i7 4770K CPU
16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
OCZ 448 Gig SSD (for OS and related Video Editing Programs)
1 TB, 1.5 TB, and 3 TB Data Drives - Slide in Drawers as needed.
LG's HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 Blu ray Burner
Samsung SH-S223F 16x DVD Burner
Gigabyte GTX 660Ti NVidia Geforce Graphics Card