Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 15 Crash
Robin j [Avatar]
Newbie Location: kent uk Joined: Sep 20, 2017 06:06 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
When i try to write my video to DVD Power Director v15 always crashes , i'm several dvds down now. My system has Intel i7 3500 chip and 16 gb ram. I never had this problem with Pinnacle.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
There's little or no information in your post and based on what you say I would suggest that you buy a few DVD/RW discs. It would help to know at exactly which point the crashes occur and also to know whether you have tried burning to an ISO or to a folder, this helps to determine whether the necessary files and structure for a DVD are being properly created and completed. If you could also post the output from dxdiag (saved as a .txt file) then that sometimes helps to track down the problem.
Robin j [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There's little or no information in your post and based on what you say I would suggest that you buy a few DVD/RW discs. It would help to know at exactly which point the crashes occur and also to know whether you have tried burning to an ISO or to a folder, this helps to determine whether the necessary files and structure for a DVD are being properly created and completed. If you could also post the output from dxdiag (saved as a .txt file) then that sometimes helps to track down the problem.

the crash occues during the burning process . I always save the video to a folder after i have finnished it and use the produce part of the program so it is rendered properly before burning.
Robin j [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There's little or no information in your post and based on what you say I would suggest that you buy a few DVD/RW discs. It would help to know at exactly which point the crashes occur and also to know whether you have tried burning to an ISO or to a folder, this helps to determine whether the necessary files and structure for a DVD are being properly created and completed. If you could also post the output from dxdiag (saved as a .txt file) then that sometimes helps to track down the problem.

the crash occues during the burning process . I always save the video to a folder after i have finnished it and use the produce part of the program so it is rendered properly before burning.

Where will i find the output from dxdiag
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
So are you saying that you select the two options in the final dialogue before you start burning i.e. as in the attached screenshot "Burn to disc" and also "Create Folder"?Screenshot

p.s. - Re dxdiag, have a read through this post item 4 tells you how to go about it.

p.p.s - Do you get sight of any error message or does the crash always happen at a certain point (% point) in the burning process. That can give a clue as to the problem.
[Thumb - sshot.jpg]
 Filename
sshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot of burn dialogue.
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
153 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 20. 2017 07:09

Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Recently, mine has been crashing whenever I try to do the slow-motion effect and it never used to do that before. It happens when I lock the audio bar (because I want the video to be slowed down with the audio effect) and when I slow it down to about 76.0 on the slow motion scale, the moment it's finished, the whole program just closes and then an error message about .dmp (dump file) pops up.

I've emailed the moderators at customer service about this and sent them information they've asked for but I haven't been able to send the dump file they asked for as it's too big and the site won't allow me to send it to them.

Anybody else having this problem with slow-motion after effect in PowerDirector 15?

If I upgrade to PowerDirector 16 will that cause the crashes to seize and desist?
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Recently, mine has been crashing whenever I try to do the slow-motion effect and it never used to do that before. It happens when I lock the audio bar (because I want the video to be slowed down with the audio effect) and when I slow it down to about 76.0 on the slow motion scale, the moment it's finished, the whole program just closes and then an error message about .dmp (dump file) pops up.

I've emailed the moderators at customer service about this and sent them information they've asked for but I haven't been able to send the dump file they asked for as it's too big and the site won't allow me to send it to them.

Anybody else having this problem with slow-motion after effect in PowerDirector 15?

If I upgrade to PowerDirector 16 will that cause the crashes to seize and desist?

Y E S ! I am having the same problem with speed changes. Specifically in Action Director. I never had this problem until about a week ago. I am going to start a thread seperate from this to see if anyone can help ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Recently, mine has been crashing whenever I try to do the slow-motion effect and it never used to do that before. It happens when I lock the audio bar (because I want the video to be slowed down with the audio effect) and when I slow it down to about 76.0 on the slow motion scale, the moment it's finished, the whole program just closes and then an error message about .dmp (dump file) pops up.

Y E S ! I am having the same problem with speed changes. Specifically in Action Director. I never had this problem until about a week ago. I am going to start a thread seperate from this to see if anyone can help

Glad to see that i'm not the only one having this problem. I think the trouble started for me when I updated my Divx protocols to Divx Pro so I could use vids with the Divx codec on PowerDirector. (I could be wrong though) The moderdators of Cyberlink sent me to a page with a video patch but that didn't do anything, the program still closes during the slow-mo part.

I'm considering upgrading to PowerDirector 16, but I don't wanna waste money if it'll do the same thing after the upgrade.