Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Future PowerDirector Versions - Wish List/Suggestions - Closed
rjohns75 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2013 18:27 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
The ability to delete the gaps between multiple clips on the timeline with a single command.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2017 12:01

TeflonJon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2017 20:21 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
The ability to use the point/points from motion tracker as manual anchors for 360 video stabilization.
JeffK.Boston [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2010 05:40 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
MultiCam Designer is missing one key feature. Typically I will set up four cameras at an event proving closeups to specifics areas of action. Keep in mind these cameras are unattended.

Using MC Designer I quickly learned it needs a 5th window. The purpose of this window would be a overview window at that had a feed from a additional wide shot camera. This 5th window does NOT need to be selectable as a source in MC. It only needs to be synchronized to the other 4 windows. That would allow me observe the event overall and be able to anticipate which source to switch to next.

HERE IS THE KEY PART OF THE FEATURE REQUEST: What would make that 5th window ideal would be the ability to for the editor to set a "time ahead" factor. For example run the preview source 3 seconds ahead of the 4 MultiCam Designer windows

I can partially achieve this today by wasting one of the 4 MC sources and put the wide shot in the 4th window.

In the real world a director can look out the window in the booth and see what is going on so that the director can anticipate switch camera to switch to next. That 5th source, in its own window, would be the “window in the booth”.

Cameras and memory cards a really inexpensive these days - setting up multiple cameras is going to become more and more routine - the video editor will be the gating factor…

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 06. 2017 16:32

bosone [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2014 05:08 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying PD16 demo, currently using version 12.

i am VERY SURPIRSED that, afte 4 versions, i still cannot do a simply automatic crossfade while holding control and dropping a clip in-between two other clips.

like this:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EE4e6ZCP5BH2AzD73

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2017 11:29

Retired [Avatar]
Newbie Location: USA Joined: Oct 08, 2017 15:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a UHD 75" TV

I have a UHD Camcorder and a S7 iPhone

I have a UHD Blu Ray player

Please add UHD BD disc burning

Using PD15 now
Treysvideo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2017 20:25 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]

1. An Audio Meter directly in Powerdirector. I know I can see one in Audiodirector

2. A garbage matt. I know I can use a mask but that is not quite the same.

Really a awesome set of software! Thanks for such great work.

Thanks,

Trey

(Director Suite 6) (I came from Abobe, Edius then Sony Vegas now Cyberlink products)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2017 20:49

Trey
In His Grip! ><>
TeflonJon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2017 20:21 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
It would be nice to have a way to save a file with just the keyframe position/data in View Designer when editing 360 videos or perhaps just a window within View Designer itself that would allow you to quickly switch between different saved sets of keyframes. This would allow you to quickly preview different angles at the same keyframe positions and export different views of the same 360 clip. For instance, if I wanted all of the keyframes on a 360 clip in the same spot, but with a tiny planet perspective instead of a flat perspective, or zoomed in more vs zoomed in less, or wanted to move certain keyframes forward or back on the timeline, I could quickly swap between those different versions of the clip without having to save/re-open the entire project file or hit undo a bunch of times if I don't like the changes I've made.
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
My favourite subject again

Why not have 4K burning as a seperate plug in, same as you now have for audio and video.

It would be worth a few hundred for those that really want it.

And it would be a killer if it is compatible with other editors like Pinnacle etc.

Similar to what TsMuxer does now for AVCHD and Blu-Ray, just add UHDHD.

Eugene

PS. And a audio level meter, I asked for that years ago. Thanks for the reminder Treysvideo.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 16. 2017 14:52

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]

• Better support for utilizing GPU rendering especially multi-GPU.

• ADD support for nVidia Optimus and MS Hybrid modes that is used in most High End laptops.

• ADD support for multi-GPU like nVidia SLI and AMD Crossfire.

If you want Power Director to be THE fastest at rendering, we need better GPU support. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
jmone
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Nov 26, 2010 00:05 Messages: 706 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My favourite subject again

Why not have 4K burning as a seperate plug in, same as you now have for audio and video.

It would be worth a few hundred for those that really want it.

And it would be a killer if it is compatible with other editors like Pinnacle etc.

Similar to what TsMuxer does now for AVCHD and Blu-Ray, just add UHDHD.

Eugene

PS. And a audio level meter, I asked for that years ago. Thanks for the reminder Treysvideo.

There are a heap of the 3rd party tools now supporting UHD BD.

• libavcodec (LAV FILTERS) for playback

• TS Muxer for muxing 4K content into a UHD Folder Stucture

• eac3to for stream extraction and conversion

• makeMKV for converting to UHD BD to MKV

The only bit missing is be be able to Author a UHD BD. And it is really not that different to BD. PD 64 Bit-Win10 64 Bit-32GB RAM-80TB HDD
Sony FX6 - 500Mbps 4k/50p AVC-I HLG
Canon XF400 - 150Mbps 4k/50p AVC
GoPro Hero6 Black
Pana HS700-28Mbps 1080/50p AVC (High@L4.2)
Canon HV20-HDV 25Mbps 16:9 1440x1080/25p MPEG
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
My requests are mainly for simple UI improvements:

• Allow me to change the rotation point of PiP objects (center rotation is only so useful).

• The ability to draw simple shapes like lines, ellipses and squares in the Paint Designer or elsewhere. Basically, very simple paint tools (in addition to the brush tools in the Paint Designer).

• The ability to draw our own paths in the 'motion' section of the PiP Designer and more flexibility in editing the paths that already included (e.g. Turn rounded points into sharp points and vice versa, add/delete points).

• The ability to create arbitrarily-shaped masks within the Mask Designer, with feathering options. This could be done by "painting" on the screen or by creating a spline shape. Or both!

• Easily add a new track with the click of a button. The built-in method is a little cumbersome for simply adding one track.

• Adjust ALL track heights at the same time (Maybe by making one track the height you want and then selecting an option to mirror this height on all other tracks).

• Audio scrubbing.

The above would be very useful for me and others. Also,

• The subtitle editor also does not seem to fully support the "srt" format. In that format, any text enclosed in <i> and </i> should be in italics, but PD renders them on the screen verbatum: Instead of Hello, Steve PD renders it as <i>Hello, Steve</i>.

• Another nice feature for the subtitle editor would be the ability to read the subtitle (and chapter!) information already present in certain video formats like .mp4 and .mkv so that if you load one into your project, PD could incorporate that info automatically.

That's all I can think of right now! System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
Rick3516 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2015 08:31 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Please include an ease-in/ease-out feature (preferably adjustable) for Magic Motion keyframes in order to achieve smooth starts and stops for pan and zooms.

I realize I can use the PiP designer to utilize its ease-in/ease-out feature but keyframes all need to be readjusted if the clip length is changed. Keyframe time locations are absolute using PiP. Keyframes times are relative to the length of the clip in Magic Motion and adjust relative to the length of the clip.

Thanks for your consideration - Rick
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
OK, here we go again. Each year the Dev's ask for our suggestions and each new revision has very few if any of those requests included.

My wish list AGAIN (as in the previous years), includes:

• The ability to create separate folders to put and organize our assets (video, audio, photo, graphics, etc.). The very consumer-oriented "dump everything into one bin/folder is a royal pain.

• An "Audio Follow Video" option for muti-cam editing. When one has a three or four camera with for distinct audio sources, there is no way for the respective audio to follow the video when choosing camera 1-4.

There are more but these two seem so simple that I can't for the life of me understand why it cannot be implemented.

TeeMan1

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 03. 2017 02:46

TeeMan
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]

• The ability to create separate folders to put and organize our assets (video, audio, photo, graphics, etc.). The very consumer-oriented "dump everything into one bin/folder is a royal pain.

TeeMan1

I agree that the ability to create folders in the Media Bin would be nice, but the three filter buttons at the top for Video, Images and Audio seem to do the separation pretty well. It's always worked well enough for my purposes.

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
I would love to see a good morphing tool included in a future version of Power Director.

Morphing facilitates great creative opportunities and would enhance any video production.

I have just upgraded from PD 15 to 16 and it is excellent ... very, very fast !

Have a good day wherever you are.

Tripod1
Russell1967
[Post New]
While I agree that morphing would be excellent, I think it is a bit outside the intended use of PD. Plus, there are low cost (and even free) alternatives that are made for that very purpose. Just my thoughts.

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I would like the ability to import MXF video. That seems to be the way Canon has decided to go with their 4K camcorders. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
petr-ape [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2017 16:12 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
- 0,0 dB volume level is in the middle of audio track

Why isn't 0,0 dB volume level in the middle of audio track? Respectively Why is it in 2/3 of audio track?

I think... It could be more user friendly if 0,0 dB volume level is in the middle of audio track. Changing of audio level could be more comfortable.

What do you say..
[Thumb - volume_level.png]
 Filename
volume_level.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
61 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2017 08:53

360vids [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2016 02:51 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
A way to output 1:1 aspect ratio videos please. Popular social media videos are optimized for this size. Or a way to allow users to customize the output aspect ratio. New phones are 18:9.

Also, I know this feature is in Photodirector but a way to create cinemagraphs right in Powerdirector so we have output options other than gif. The Flixel software outputs high quality video for ads. Gifs are too limited in color palette and the file sizes are too big for large clips.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2017 23:20

Bytemaster [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2015 21:20 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote A way to output 1:1 aspect ratio videos please. Popular social media videos are optimized for this size. Or a way to allow users to customize the output aspect ratio. New phones are 18:9.

I was coming here SPECIFICALLY for this reason. I am still on PowerDirector 12 and I am looking to upgrade, either to the new version of PowerDirector or to something else. Facebook and Instagram ad sizes recommend 1:1 aspect ratios.

Unfortunately, I doubt they will get this feature in to the software in time for me. Social media is moving fast and I need to produce square videos now. I will probably bite the bullet and move over to the Adobe CC products.
Russell1967
[Post New]
Quote A way to output 1:1 aspect ratio videos please. Popular social media videos are optimized for this size. Or a way to allow users to customize the output aspect ratio. New phones are 18:9.

There are two kinds of aspect ratios when it comes to graphics: The Pixel aspect ratio and the display aspect ratio. Sometimes that 1:1 ratio may simply mean that the graphic is using "square" pixels instead of elongated ones. For example, if the pixel resolution is 1920 x 1080 (16:9 pixel ratio) and the actual output device is 16 x 9, then the pixels are considered to be square. On the other hand, if the resolution is, say, 1280 x 1024 (5:4) but is being output to a 4:3 monitor (like most old school monitors), then the piixels will not be square but stretched vertically. [note: This does not mean that the images will all be stretched necessarily, because the display program can compensate as long as it knows this ratio and the actual size of the display, etc.]

But that aside, I do agree that it would be nice to have more control or output resolutions, bitrates and so on. For most cases this level of control is not needed, but it would be nice if it was hidden in some "advanced" menu.

Russell1967

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2017 22:28