Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
On screen Narrative with Text and Pictures
Axwack [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2017 22:54 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I follow a youtuber and he is able to create onscreen narrative and powerpoint like presentations during a video.

Here is an example, @1:45 mark is an example of his on screen narrative.

How can I create something similar using Power Director. I believe Marco uses After Effects but I believe this tool can do the same.

I couldn't search for this so I am creating this post.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I follow a youtuber and he is able to create onscreen narrative and powerpoint like presentations during a video.

Here is an example, @1:45 mark is an example of his on screen narrative.

How can I create something similar using Power Director. I believe Marco uses After Effects but I believe this tool can do the same.

I couldn't search for this so I am creating this post.
You should look at the many tutorials for Powerdirector.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51608.page

The way it is done is by recording your narrative in the Voice over Room, then you can add Titles or PIPs to demonstrate.

Record the narative after you have completed the edit of your video. Titles are in the Title Room ( F7 ). You can use the 'Default Title' then modify to suit.

In Powerdirector the higher numbered track overlays the lower number tracks. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
H Axwack -

As Carl suggests, you can build up layers of visuals in PDR by using different tracks for each layer.

The animated graphics you describe as a "PowerPoint like presentation" is the most challenging, but it's possible in PDR. As far as replicating that exact thing - the overlaid graph, animated over a blurred video - would involve many steps because PDR isn't set up to generate that sort of presentation instantly.

Some time back, I started working on a tutorial related to the question you've put. It didn't make it to the finished stage embarassed but if you look at this screen capture of some examples I shared at the time, you can see that it involves multiple layers masking.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Axwack [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2017 22:54 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Guys.

Just as an aside do you think this was done with after effects?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Can't help you with that as I'm not an AE user. Whatever software was used must be able to generate animation... or the user may have used a combination of different software.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!