Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Zoom in on motion tracker?
ShorePatrol [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2014 07:32 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to zoom in on the motion tracker video? It's difficult to place the tracker box exactly where you need it on smaller objects, like the inside of a textbox from a webpage...

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep 11. 2017 12:16

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Shore Patrol -

I've done that thing you're doing many times - masking out personal details in screen captures - & I've never even considered using Motion Tracker for that purpose.

Are the things you're trying to cover up seriously moving that much, throughout the video? or do they appear briefly and remain fairly static?

To answer your actual question: If you mean can you increase the % view in the Motion Tracker preview, No.

I think you might be using the wrong tool for your purposes. Could you upload a short sample of the capture you're trying to edit? That would give members a clearer idea.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ShorePatrol [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Shore Patrol -

I've done that thing you're doing many times - masking out personal details in screen captures - & I've never even considered using Motion Tracker for that purpose.

Are the things you're trying to cover up seriously moving that much, throughout the video? or do they appear briefly and remain fairly static?

To answer your actual question: If you mean can you increase the % view in the Motion Tracker preview, No.

I think you might be using the wrong tool for your purposes. Could you upload a short sample of the capture you're trying to edit? That would give members a clearer idea.

Cheers - Tony

Yes, the object is not even moving - it sounds like I AM using the wrong tool - I just want to "blur" or block out sensitive data shown on the screen (like a login).
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
The simplest way (I think) to block out a static object is with a colour board. Set one up on a separate timeline and change the properties so that when you re-size it, it does not maintain the aspect ratio. Once you've done that you can highlight it and copy (CTRL+C) it, then move the scrubber to any other position and click on the 'blocker' timeline and paste (CTRL+V) and re-size and re-position that instance. Keep doing that as often as you wish to create any number of blockers each positioned as needed.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Here's one thing I do, though you could just as well use masking.

Say I have a screen capture of a login page and I don't want viewers to see personal login details...

At that point in the screen capture, I take a snapshot of the screen & use that to create an overlay that covers/masks the part I don't want shown, by making the rest of the snapshot transparent (attached overlay).

Next I drop the overlay in a higher numbered track and adjust its position & duration (snapshot of timeline attached).

There are alternative ways to achieve the same thing e.g. applying a blur to the overlay or using duplicate vieos with masking, but for most of my purposes the overlay works fine.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Login-Overlay.png]
 Filename
Login-Overlay.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
43 time(s)
[Thumb - Timeline.png]
 Filename
Timeline.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
161 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
46 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 11. 2017 16:25

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ShorePatrol [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The simplest way (I think) to block out a static object is with a colour board. Set one up on a separate timeline and change the properties so that when you re-size it, it does not maintain the aspect ratio. Once you've done that you can highlight it and copy (CTRL+C) it, then move the scrubber to any other position and click on the 'blocker' timeline and paste (CTRL+V) and re-size and re-position that instance. Keep doing that as often as you wish to create any number of blockers each positioned as needed.

Longedge - this works well! Thank you! I actually created a little checkerboard image in photoshop, blured it a little, then imported into PowerDirector and used that like a colorboard (removed aspect ratio, etc).

Thanks for the tip! This was quick and easy.