Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Baffled by PD14
daddymadethis1971 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 25, 2014 18:25 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

It's been well over a year since I used PD, but the program continued to update. I recently went into the program and couldn't find most of the features that were there the last time I used it. For instance, I couldn't set up a simple pan of a photo or adjust the panning speed.

I'm not sure how to proceed. Is there a way to reinstall a previous more user friendly PD? Or do I need to study a brand new user manual?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi All,

It's been well over a year since I used PD, but the program continued to update. I recently went into the program and couldn't find most of the features that were there the last time I used it. For instance, I couldn't set up a simple pan of a photo or adjust the panning speed.

I'm not sure how to proceed. Is there a way to reinstall a previous more user friendly PD? Or do I need to study a brand new user manual?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi DMT

This will have some limitations, but sounds right up your street. https://www.cyberlink.com/stat/edms/Giveaway/Giveaway/PDR13/index.jsp Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi daddymadethis1971 -

PDR hasn't changed that much in 12 months, or even longer.

To set up a controlled pan on a photo, you'd use either Magic Motion or PiP Designer. The panning speed will be set by (a) the photo duration & (b) the keyframes you set.

This was made using PDR10, & it's still done pretty much the same way in current versions.

Robert - for some reason I can't get to that link you posted. It keeps timing out.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!