Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgraded to Ultimate: No ProDad or Adorage filters showing up
camhops360 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2016 11:42 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
So after paying for a second copy of Power Director Ultimate edition I was excited to try out the "1500 lighting and particle effects" via the Pro Dad Adorage Download.

Unfortunately it appears the same issue from 2015 is persisting with no resolution in sight. I found the issue below in the forum below.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42893.page

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50840.page

After I install and hit "launch" i get an error saying "the specified file was not found"

How pathetic that software companies can't get a simple installation in Windows to work properly. It's garbage like this that makes me understand why people pay 10x for Apple and Adobe.

Has anyone been able to get this to work. I've wasted hours on this and still can't get what i paid for (or maybe i did).
camhops360 [Avatar]
[Post New]
To add insult to injury there are links that were added in Power Director that link me to the Pro Dad website asking me to pay for the downloads I supposedly got as part of the Ultimate package. Seriously guys... Come on

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10. 2017 07:20

GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Was this a download purchase? if so, there should have been a separate file for Adorage. When I purchased PD15 earlier this year, there were 8 or 9 files that I had to download. One of those files was adorage-dspvol02-64bit.exe. Yours may be different if Cyberlink was offering different effects. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
Bill A
Newbie Location: Houston, Texas Joined: Oct 06, 2012 17:39 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Was this a download purchase? if so, there should have been a separate file for Adorage. When I purchased PD15 earlier this year, there were 8 or 9 files that I had to download. One of those files was adorage-dspvol02-64bit.exe. Yours may be different if Cyberlink was offering different effects.

I purchased the the whole thing recently , full new install, not upgrade and it gave me something like 14 download files. Funny but the full "new" install including Color Director was just as cheap and buying the upgrade from PD13 to PD15.

Anyway, two of the download files were for adorage-dspvol02, one was for 32bit version and the other was the 64 bit version.

They were called adorage-dspvol02-32bit.exe and adorage-dspvol02-64bit.exe

I had 2 separate downloads for Vitascene - Again one for 32 bit and a seperate for 64 bit.

After installing Cyberlink and verifing everything worked, I rebooted just to make sure everything was properly written to the registry and then installed the 64 bit versions of both programs.

They both installed and appear to function properly.

My only complaint is that I don't find anything in the download user manual about using them so I have to just hunt around on how to use them.
camhops360 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Was this a download purchase? if so, there should have been a separate file for Adorage. When I purchased PD15 earlier this year, there were 8 or 9 files that I had to download. One of those files was adorage-dspvol02-64bit.exe. Yours may be different if Cyberlink was offering different effects.

I purchased the the whole thing recently , full new install, not upgrade and it gave me something like 14 download files. Funny but the full "new" install including Color Director was just as cheap and buying the upgrade from PD13 to PD15.

Anyway, two of the download files were for adorage-dspvol02, one was for 32bit version and the other was the 64 bit version.

I had 2 separate downloads for Vitascene - Again one for 32 bit and a seperate for 64 bit.

After installing Cyberlink and verifing everything worked, I rebooted just to make sure everything was properly written to the registry and then installed the 64 bit versions of both programs.

My only complaint is that I don't find anything in the download user manual about using them so I have to just hunt around on how to use them.

If you look at the ultimate package the Prodad Adorage 2 is supposed to give you "1500" effects. Not "14"

Something is way off here. So are you telling me you only got 14 effects despire Cyberlink and Prodad advertising this includes 1500 effects.

Check out the following link

https://www.cyberlink.com/stat/store/enu/powerdirector-ultimate/15/buy.jsp#
camhops360 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes this was a download purhcase. You are supposed to get $800 in additional effects per the following link[

It lists Prodad adorage as including "1500 effects" but I'm seeing only a few (less than 10)
Bill A
Newbie Location: Houston, Texas Joined: Oct 06, 2012 17:39 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]

If you look at the ultimate package the Prodad Adorage 2 is supposed to give you "1500" effects. Not "14"

Something is way off here. So are you telling me you only got 14 effects despire Cyberlink and Prodad advertising this includes 1500 effects.

Check out the following link

No - I'm saying that the UlTIMATE purchase resulted in 14 separate files to download. Directorsuite alone was 6 separate files that were chained together as RAR files with 5 of them over 1 gigabyte each and the 6th was 520 Mega bytes.

For the Adorage they gave me two separate downloads - one for the 32 bit operating system and a separate one for my 64 bit system.

The same for Vitascene - a 32 bit download file and a 64 bit download file. When I installed them, all the various "effects" were installed.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 11. 2017 21:35

[Post New]
Hi,

may be it's just because you don't go inside Adorage plugin ^^

just have a look on this screenshoot, you'll see that the plugin have exactly 1565 effects
[Thumb - adorage.jpg]
 Filename
adorage.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
about adorage
 Filesize
148 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
96 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
BVR is right, and maybe that's the issue here.

Once you insert an Adorage or Vitascene effect from either FX or Transitions, you need to click Modify > Standalone Effect to access everything and adjust it.

camhops360 - if you follow the steps shown in this screen capture, which parts are different? which parts are missing? which part's not working?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!