Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Are you kidding me no mkv playback from youtubes
MrJoshua [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2014 21:26 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Okay first let me say i own a lot of your products i have spent a small fortune well rather a large sum, and now i found out mkv videos from Youtube will not play in PowerDVD 17 or added to PowerDirector 15.

Now this would not be something i would normally rant about BUT

Kodi

mpc-hc

MPC-BE x64

DVDFab media player

VLC

SM-Player

Potplayer

HAVE NO ISSUES AT ALL EXELLENT PLAYBACK AND VIDEO AND AUDIO ARE IN SYNC

Windows media player and Movies TV app from Windows 10 will not play but that is due to the fact MS do not want us to be able to play those mkv yet i think i saw with the fall creator update you will be able to.

So why does the competitions software playback Youtube mkv Videos without a hitch, but the software i paid way to much for will not playback Video files from Youtube in mkv format

You should have had enough time by now to fix that almost a year ago YT made the change and your competition has updated their software to work you have not

Let me show you what i own

AudioDirector 7 Ultra

ColorDirector 5 Ultra

MediaEspresso 7.5 Deluxe

PhotoDirector 8 Deluxe

Power2Go 11 Platinum

PowerDirector 15 Ultimate

PowerDirector 14 Ultimate

PowerDirector 14 Ultimate

PowerDVD 17 Ultra

AudioDirector 6 Ultra

PhotoDirector 7 Ultra

PhotoDirector 5 Ultra

Power2Go 10 Deluxe

PowerDVD 16 Ultra

PowerDVD 15 Ultra

PowerDVD 14 Ultra

Not one of those products will play those YT mkv, why is that?

My bet in a Month or so you will advertise some new product we should by and in big TYPES it will say "can play mkv files from Youtube"

And our existing software Power director 15 and PowerDVD 17 will not be able to, lets hear from the users how many think i am right about that just make a reply stating Yes or No and if you disagree with my whole topic do not write that keep it to yourself bottleup inside and keep it there then the next time your PC decides to make a decission on its own, which results in GSOD/BSOD

Get a hammer and let your built up rage out in one blow

Thank You
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
mkv is just a container. you can encode the video with various encoding (H.264, HEVC, etc) format in MKV.
I guess your YouTube downloader encode YouTube video as some format that cyberlink software does not support.
MrJoshua [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2014 21:26 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Quote mkv is just a container. you can encode the video with various encoding (H.264, HEVC, etc) format in MKV.
I guess your YouTube downloader encode YouTube video as some format that cyberlink software does not support.

Or i was right about my prediction about some new program being released within a month, and what do i see PowerDirector 16 has been released.

So i was spot on and i don't buy your argument that my tube dl encodes in a format that Cyberlink software does not support, i have no doubt that the reason for not being able to play tubes is NO ONE WOULD BUY PD16 IF PD15 WAS ABLE TO DO THE JOB.

I can't believe how right i was only some 10-12 days after i wrote my topic we get PD16, so i will dl the trial just to see if i have to eat my words or if PD16 will read the mkv from yt.

So i better see if pd16 works and hope it does or i will have to eat my words or topic but i think it will be able to edit and play lets see

Well looks like i have to eat my words pd16 will not open my mkv or edit them.

But dvdfab will and every other (exept MS ofc) program i own, cyberlink software is the only one besides MS that refuse to open them hmm

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2017 01:18

anthonyderderder [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 16, 2020 20:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
don't waste your time thinking power director 16 recognises mkv files, it doesn't.

I have PD14, 15 and 16 None of them accept mkv files.

Cyberlink is pretty lame suggestcng patches and updates when they know they have an still unsolved issue. None of the updates or patches help with accepting MKV files into PowerDirctor

Next time I need to buy a video editor I'm avoiding Cyberlink from now on

Or i was right about my prediction about some new program being released within a month, and what do i see PowerDirector 16 has been released.

So i was spot on and i don't buy your argument that my tube dl encodes in a format that Cyberlink software does not support, i have no doubt that the reason for not being able to play tubes is NO ONE WOULD BUY PD16 IF PD15 WAS ABLE TO DO THE JOB.

I can't believe how right i was only some 10-12 days after i wrote my topic we get PD16, so i will dl the trial just to see if i have to eat my words or if PD16 will read the mkv from yt.

So i better see if pd16 works and hope it does or i will have to eat my words or topic but i think it will be able to edit and play lets see

Well looks like i have to eat my words pd16 will not open my mkv or edit them.

But dvdfab will and every other (exept MS ofc) program i own, cyberlink software is the only one besides MS that refuse to open them hmm

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 17. 2020 06:22

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote don't waste your time thinking power director 16 recognises mkv files, it doesn't.

I have PD14, 15 and 16 None of them accept mkv files.

Cyberlink is pretty lame suggestcng patches and updates when they know they have an still unsolved issue. None of the updates or patches help with accepting MKV files into PowerDirctor

Next time I need to buy a video editor I'm avoiding Cyberlink from now on

PD17 and PD18 support editing and playing vp9 encoded mkv files on the preview window.