Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Preview Video Stuttering After Color Correction
Dathan Pyle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2017 10:17 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
My video runs smooth until I add a color correction preset then it gets really choppy. I removed the color correction and it went back to running smoothly. Is there any fix to this? I reduced the quality of the playback and it seems to help but it makes it difficult to continue editing with poor playback.
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My video runs smooth until I add a color correction preset then it gets really choppy. I removed the color correction and it went back to running smoothly. Is there any fix to this? I reduced the quality of the playback and it seems to help but it makes it difficult to continue editing with poor playback.

Hi Dathan Pyle

Id is the Problem of "Speed" of your PC > My Wildebeest a most powerful PC hast the Same problem .Don t worry id is e preview problem Only !!!

Pauls WildebeestAsus X99 Deluxe II/Core i7-5960X @3.00GHz/1xGeforce GTX 1080 Driver:Geforce 385.41 Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb1Samsung 960 SSD m.2 2x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro2xSamsung UA28D590 4k

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2017 10:32

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Are you talking about the final video after you have produced it and you are viewing it in the Media Player of your choice? Or are you talking about when you are looking at the preview which is an editing tool. If this is the case then don't forget that your computer is trying to do everything in real time and the edits and corrections are placing a real stress on it.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Are you talking about the final video after you have produced it and you are viewing it in the Media Player of your choice? Or are you talking about when you are looking at the preview which is an editing tool. If this is the case then don't forget that your computer is trying to do everything in real time and the edits and corrections are placing a real stress on it.

You MAY find it helpful if you edit in "non real time" It's there for that purpose, but it may not be enough to help with colour correction, give it a try. Be aware though that there is no audio with non real time. It's still there, just muted while you edit in NRT

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2017 11:59

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Dathan Pyle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2017 10:17 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Are you talking about the final video after you have produced it and you are viewing it in the Media Player of your choice? Or are you talking about when you are looking at the preview which is an editing tool. If this is the case then don't forget that your computer is trying to do everything in real time and the edits and corrections are placing a real stress on it.

It's only for the preview. To be honest I havent exported a video yet with color correction. I stopped once it started stuttering. It makes sense especially with it working on a lower quality preview resolution.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Then what The Shadowman said is relevant and another alternative if you justy want to see what things look like before producing the whole is to mark out a small selection (use the orange tabs at the side of the timeline scrubber) and then right click on the selection and you can produce just that small portion.