Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Supported Blurray Drive
LennonNZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2017 04:33 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
So.. I have a supported motherboard with SGX etc and a 4K TV and the Advisor says everything is ok , but I need a supported 4K blurray drive so I can play 4K blurray discs!

Yes I could go out and by a Pioneer BDR-S11J-X/BDR-S11J-BK/BDR-XD06J-UHD but I need a slot loading 4K blurray drive. (as the Pioneer one won't go inside a HTPC as its top loading!)

Reading: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=13271422&postcount=108 it says there is:

Logitec LBD-PUD6U3L (external)
Logitec LBD-PVA6UCVBK (external)
Buffalo BRUHD-PU3-BK (external)
LG BU40N (laptop)
LG BU50N (laptop)

But finding the first 3 outside Japan seems impossible and the last 2 I've read they don't support the correct AACS 2.0 etc

SO.. What slimline 4K blurray drives are available and work? I'll buy one today if someone can identify something which is actually available?
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
A Slot loading drive means a drive often used in cars, i.e. without a tray. AFAIK there is none available yet.

But you are actually asking about a Slim drive, not a Slot loading drive. LG BU40N was successfully tested already, just check the earlier posts in that thread. You can order the other drives from Amazon JP - it provides a better service than Amazon US actually, the shipping cost is not that bad and unlike Amazon US they know how to pack the parcels to protect the content.

If you are in USA, LG BU40N is available from Newegg. .
FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
LennonNZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote A Slot loading drive means a drive often used in cars, i.e. without a tray. AFAIK there is none available yet.

But you are actually asking about a Slim drive, not a Slot loading drive. LG BU40N was successfully tested already, just check the earlier posts in that thread. You can order the other drives from Amazon JP - it provides a better service than Amazon US actually, the shipping cost is not that bad and unlike Amazon US they know how to pack the parcels to protect the content.

If you are in USA, LG BU40N is available from Newegg.

Yes I was asking about a Slim Drive which loads from the front :

I couldn't actually find anyone saying "Yes I've tested it in Pdvd 17 and it works 100%" playing newer 4K bluray disks :

The specs for the 40N didn't help much http://downloadt.advantech.com/ProductFile/PIS/96SDVR-8X-ST-HL-BB/Product%20-%20Datasheet/96SDVR-8X-ST-HL-BB_datasheet20170322143508.pdf

I live in New Zealand.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2017 02:48

triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
Here, middle of the page: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=287599&page=26 .
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
spc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2017 15:42 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have LG BU40N and it works fine
LennonNZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have LG BU40N and it works fine

Thanks.. Ordered from NewEGG (didn't know they shipped internationally)
LennonNZ [Avatar]
[Post New]

Received the Unit a couple of days ago... Forgot about the Slimline SATA/Power Connector needed. Getting tomorrow.
LaRseTe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2017 05:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Received the Unit a couple of days ago... Forgot about the Slimline SATA/Power Connector needed. Getting tomorrow.

Hi LennonNZ,

Can you finally confirm this LG optical drive (BU40N) is able to play UHD BD?

Thank you
triffid
[Post New]
Yes, BU50N too. .
[Post New]
Quote So.. I have a supported motherboard with SGX etc and a 4K TV and the Advisor says everything is ok , but I need a supported 4K blurray drive so I can play 4K blurray discs!

Yes I could go out and by a Pioneer BDR-S11J-X/BDR-S11J-BK/BDR-XD06J-UHD but I need a slot loading 4K blurray drive. (as the Pioneer one won't go inside a HTPC as its top loading!)

Reading: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=13271422&postcount=108 it says there is:

Logitec LBD-PUD6U3L (external)
Logitec LBD-PVA6UCVBK (external)
Buffalo BRUHD-PU3-BK (external)
LG BU40N (laptop)
LG BU50N (laptop)

But finding the first 3 outside Japan seems impossible and the last 2 I've read they don't support the correct AACS 2.0 etc

SO.. What slimline 4K blurray drives are available and work? I'll buy one today if someone can identify something which is actually available?

Playing 4K video on CyberLink PowerDVD 17 on Computer is easy, you don't need the 4K Blu-ray drive, you can get the digital 4K Blu-ray movies and play tyhe 4K videos on Powerdvd with USB, it's so convernient.