Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to keep blur of object for entire 30 minute video length?
angela123
Senior Member Location: new york Joined: Nov 24, 2015 21:53 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, So, as youl can see on attached photo, the blur of the

travel agency name disappears after a few frames, even though the

video is not sliced. Anyone know how to make the tracking last for the entire video instead of for just

a few frames? Thanks.
[Thumb - blur.png]
 Filename
blur.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
658 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
64 time(s)
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, So, as youl can see on attached photo, the blur of the

video is not sliced. Anyone know how to make the tracking last for the entire video instead of for just

a few frames? Thanks.

Hello Angela,

Can you give a little more explanation? I have seen the image with the gentleman and the T-shirt.

Do you mean keeping the blur effect in "motion tracking" constantly on the logo or an object, I presume? Is the subject moving a lot in the video? Is the subject filmed in one 30 minutes shot or in different shots?

Are there any obstacles (cables, wires, etc.) in front of the subject passing through the images?

Thanks.

Alan II :
angela123
Senior Member Location: new york Joined: Nov 24, 2015 21:53 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your response! So, yea, I need to keep a blur over the logo on the tee shirt which is moving on the man throughout the movie.

Do you mean keeping the blur effect in "motion tracking" constantly on the logo or an object, I presume?

YES

Is the subject moving a lot in the video?

YES

Is the subject filmed in one 30 minutes shot or in different shots?

DIFFERENT SHOTS, HOWEVER, EVEN when he is standing relatively still, the blur only lasts a few minutes even though I need it to stay blured over the logo for many minutes.

Are there any obstacles (cables, wires, etc.) in front of the subject passing through the images?

NO

Thanks. Angela

a few frames? Thanks.

Hello Angela,

Can you give a little more explanation? I have seen the image with the gentleman and the T-shirt.

Do you mean keeping the blur effect in "motion tracking" constantly on the logo or an object, I presume? Is the subject moving a lot in the video? Is the subject filmed in one 30 minutes shot or in different shots?

Thanks.

Alan II :
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for your response! So, yea, I need to keep a blur over the logo on the tee shirt which is moving on the man throughout the movie.

Do you mean keeping the blur effect in "motion tracking" constantly on the logo or an object, I presume?

YES

YES

DIFFERENT SHOTS, HOWEVER, EVEN when he is standing relatively still, the blur only lasts a few minutes even though I need it to stay blured over the logo for many minutes.

NO

Thanks. Angela

a few frames? Thanks.

Hello Angela,

Thanks.

Alan II :

Hello Angela,

Thanks for the details. Motion tracker in PD as in CD (Colordirector) is an algorithm. And it's quite weak in this software.

You will find quite scientific info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_tracking

If the subject is followed by motion tracking all kinds of aspects play a role ( light, color fade, (strenght), interruption of the tracking by obstacles passing in front of the subject, the sharpness of the footage, etc.). So, MT hooks on a specific subject it needs to recognize constantly. If it does not it just loses tracking. See following German video example hereunder. It's not important you understand the gentleman but rather look carefully at the video with the blue "Schwebebahn" (the monorail) and the red little car at the lights. Once there's an obstacle or problem as described above the algorithm seems lost.

The German video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1PwLxaHsYs

The best way to keep track is to slice the footage and keep the best parts according to sharpness, light, and all things enumerated above. If you cut in the footage you will need to readjust all the time just as using MT in Colordirector (the automatic way) but there too the tracking is extremely weak. You can still do this manually in CD but it's a hell of a job and your camera should film from a tripod to avoid ALL movements by itself. In PD all this happens automatically and I have not yet tried a manual approach sending the video to other progs such as DaVinci Resolve, etc.

We have not seen your video so it's difficult to give exact advice and if there's a speech by the gentleman or so and he is moving a lot I can imagine you will have a hard time blur the subject on the T-shirt for a long period let stand loose audio when editing?

Maybe others here have a solution and I look forward reading their comments just like you.

All the best.

Alan

PS. What you can also do is make a matte in a new layer (track) big enough to hide the subject and move it when necessary.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27. 2017 10:05

angela123
[Post New]
Ok, thank you so much I appreciate your feedback.
Quote Thanks for your response! So, yea, I need to keep a blur over the logo on the tee shirt which is moving on the man throughout the movie.

YES

YES

NO

Thanks. Angela

a few frames? Thanks.

Hello Angela,

Thanks.

Alan II :

Hello Angela,

Thanks for the details. Motion tracker in PD as in CD (Colordirector) is an algorithm. And it's quite weak in this software.

You will find quite scientific info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_tracking

If the subject is followed by motion tracking all kinds of aspects play a role ( light, color fade, (strenght), interruption of the tracking by obstacles passing in front of the subject, the sharpness of the footage, etc.). So, MT hooks on a specific subject it needs to recognize constantly. If it does not it just loses tracking. See following German video example hereunder. It's not important you understand the gentleman but rather look carefully at the video with the blue "Schwebebahn" (the monorail) and the red little car at the lights. Once there's an obstacle or problem as described above the algorithm seems lost.

The German video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1PwLxaHsYs

The best way to keep track is to slice the footage and keep the best parts according to sharpness, light, and all things enumerated above. If you cut in the footage you will need to readjust all the time just as using MT in Colordirector (the automatic way) but there too the tracking is extremely weak. You can still do this manually in CD but it's a hell of a job and your camera should film from a tripod to avoid ALL movements by itself. In PD all this happens automatically and I have not yet tried a manual approach sending the video to other progs such as DaVinci Resolve, etc.

We have not seen your video so it's difficult to give exact advice and if there's a speech by the gentleman or so and he is moving a lot I can imagine you will have a hard time blur the subject on the T-shirt for a long period let stand loose audio when editing?

Maybe others here have a solution and I look forward reading their comments just like you.

All the best.

Alan

PS. What you can also do is make a matte in a new layer (track) big enough to hide the subject and move it when necessary.