Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD11 able to support 4K Monitors?
geokr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2013 18:54 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded to a 4K monitor and all my text and icons in the app are now unreadably small. Chaning the display settings all the way up to 380% didn't help much. Does PD11 even support 4K? Kins pointless to have it if it doesn't.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Presumably you have set your graphics adapter to 3840x2160 to match the native resolution of your monitor. Have you tried setting your resolution a little lower? I drive my monitor at 2560x1440 and leave the display setting at 100% and find that everything works well at that.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi geokr -

DPI scaling wasn't introduced in PDR till version 13, so I guess you'll have to set your display resolution to 1920x1080 until you upgrade to a more recent version of PDR. PDR15 is pretty cheap right now laughing

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
geokr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2013 18:54 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Presumably you have set your graphics adapter to 3840x2160 to match the native resolution of your monitor. Have you tried setting your resolution a little lower? I drive my monitor at 2560x1440 and leave the display setting at 100% and find that everything works well at that.

Thanks, tried that but no real improvement. Guess I'll have to upgrade.