Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Motion tracking - playing subject in centre
Spies12345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2015 19:00 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have been playing with motion tracker.

Is there anyway that I can set it so that the object (person) I am tracking always appears in the centre of the frame.

I want to be able to zoom in a bit, and then use motion tracker to keep the object in frame.

Thanks, Andrew Sony AX53 camera / 4 Panasonic HC-V270 cameras / PD14 / I7-6700 /
GTX 1060 TURBO / 16G RAM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew -

Motion Tracker can track an object, but it cannot control the position of the subject on the screen.

The only way I know to do that is by using Crop & Zoom, a completely separate tool. The question has been asked before, so I can point you to this raw screen capture...

Hope it helps.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Spies12345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2015 19:00 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Andrew -

Motion Tracker can track an object, but it cannot control the position of the subject on the screen.

The only way I know to do that is by using Crop & Zoom, a completely separate tool. The question has been asked before, so I can point you to this raw screen capture...

Hope it helps.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony,

I'll give that a try. Not as convenient but I am sure I can make it work.

Andrew Sony AX53 camera / 4 Panasonic HC-V270 cameras / PD14 / I7-6700 /
GTX 1060 TURBO / 16G RAM