Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power 2 Go 10
[Post New]
When I open the data disc dvd page to start a compilation on the above programme there appears to be used space of 18.29MB already there although there is nothing showing in the area where you get the message "start adding your data files to the disc by dragging etc".

Is this normal? If not how do I access this used space to clear it please.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I open the data disc dvd page to start a compilation on the above programme there appears to be used space of 18.29MB already there although there is nothing showing in the area where you get the message "start adding your data files to the disc by dragging etc".

Is this normal? If not how do I access this used space to clear it please.

New disc, formatted or previous files deleted? Did you look at the disc content using Windows?

Jusat because it is a new disc, doesn't mean that the entire disc is usable.

You may want to read this: Understanding DVD
[Post New]
Thanks stevek for your prompt response.

I noticed that the icon on the desktop of my computer screen showed some content and opened the programme to see what it was. No disc is in the computer at this stage so it seems to me that the used space referred to is in the programme itself. I do not know what the used space is or how to delete it as nothing is showing in the box other than the message to drag files in etc.

You refer to looking at the content in windows. How do I do that please.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
I think that is a size going to be used by file system.

you can change to a smaller one by go to "Buring" -> "Settings" -> in "Options" tab, find "File system", select "ISO9660/Joliet".

Then the size will become smaller.
websiteee [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
If your disc is rewritable then you can format the entire disc and use it very well.