Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Busy Server" in PD 14
angela123
Senior Member Location: new york Joined: Nov 24, 2015 21:53 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everyone, I am having major issues trying to use my reinstalled PD 14 on my BRAND NEW ENVY computer.

I keep getting this message: This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem. Does anyone know what this means ?

Why is power director trying to reach the internet while I am importing my videos from hard drives?

On a similar note, where can I find the update settings for my pd 14?

Also, is the newsest pd version 15 or 16?

Jul 31, 2013 this is a response from Microsoft Support on a similar issue

Step 1: It sounds like you have an installed program configured to access the internet and perform an operation, such as check for updates for that program. a. The 'server busy' message is appearing because the program is trying to access the internet before the connection is completely ready. b. It could be any program like an Antivirus program that has program update options. c. You will have the settings inside the program to configure the way it updates.

Any help would be very appreciated! Thanks so much. Angela
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds rather like the installation hasn't completed fully although I think that PDR does 'call home' every time you run it. Perhaps you had an over zealous Virus Protection app running when you installed? I don't have any real answer but I'll be interested to see if anyone comes up with something 'concrete' other than my suggestion to repeat the install.

p.s. - PDR 15 is the current version.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 12. 2017 18:08

angela123
Senior Member Location: new york Joined: Nov 24, 2015 21:53 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It sounds rather like the installation hasn't completed fully although I think that PDR does 'call home' every time you run it. Perhaps you had an over zealous Virus Protection app running when you installed? I don't have any real answer but I'll be interested to see if anyone comes up with something 'concrete' other than my suggestion to repeat the install.

THANK YOU. So how do I stop PD from calling home to the internet every time I load it? The program keeps crashing now and I can't get anything done.(( or should I disconnect my antivirus and reinstall the program?
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't got any real answer and can only say that if it were me, I would first uninstall and then re-install. Personally I've never had to de-activate my anti virus and malware protection when installing any software and I wouldn't advocate having an unprotected computer connected to the internet even for a minute.

You might be as well contacting Cyberlink customer services on this one.
angela123
[Post New]
It worked! I reinstalled with anti virus turned off and now the error message stopped!

Thank you so much!

Quote I haven't got any real answer and can only say that if it were me, I would first uninstall and then re-install. Personally I've never had to de-activate my anti virus and malware protection when installing any software and I wouldn't advocate having an unprotected computer connected to the internet even for a minute.

You might be as well contacting Cyberlink customer services on this one.