Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Horrendously Unstable (After all these years...)
tivowatcher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2013 02:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, so I've been using PD since version 9. I am not a power user nor am I an expert. All I want to do is pull a bunch of clips into a PD project, slice and dice those clips and the audio, and add some transitions (mainly "fade").

It seems that PD still hangs and crashes randomly - now on Windows 10.

Is there a "known" limit to the number of video/audio clips PD can handle before it chokes and pukes all over the place and hangs?

I am guessing there is since I manage to reach some magical number of clips and viola, the damn thing starts hanging.

Over the years I have changed PCs, added HD space, updated Windows OS, and faithfully paid for the latest PD versions.

Guess what? Crappy PD CONTINUES to be unstable. Why?

P.S. Yes I participate in the "Improvement Program" which is kind of a joke at this point.
Nighthawk [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Dunedin, NZ Joined: Apr 09, 2015 04:27 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Make sure you have installed the latest patch updates for PowerDirector these patches have many bug fixes...

I have had PowerDirector crash a few times... but I also work out that other programs running in the background caused PowerDirector to crash (which it shouldn't I know) from AV and firewalls to various other minor apps. They were possibly using a shared DLL file which may have or may not have caused a conflict I don't really know.

I now make sure no other application is running, when I am editing a video ... and have way less crashes now.

But I agree that I still get the odd random crash which I can not explain why it happens...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 05. 2017 19:05

Nighthawk Music : Wacky Wood Works
tivowatcher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2013 02:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Latest patch installed and the trash still crashes. What a pos.
Nighthawk [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Dunedin, NZ Joined: Apr 09, 2015 04:27 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Latest patch installed and the trash still crashes. What a pos.

What other software and apps are you running in the background? Nighthawk Music : Wacky Wood Works