Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
upgrading to a new version of PD
William976 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2016 01:59 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
When upgrading to a new version of PD, the bonus packs (or content packs) of the prior version remain available in the new version. Do they remain available in the new version if the prior version of PD is then deleted? I have upgraded several times but I have never removed the prior version out of fear that I might lose some content or some functionality. But it seems redundant to retain several prior versions of the same program and eats up a lot of disk space. Can anyone clear up this mystery for me?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Do what you want. There are too many variables to consider. The newblue fx on older versions of PD are available for use in the newer versions of PD but not for those that upgrade to save $5.00. It’s up to the individual as most of the effects and temlates aren’t even used or missed by those who choose upgrade over a new full install. Save the money and save the hard disk space is up to you.
William976 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2016 01:59 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Do what you want. There are too many variables to consider. The newblue fx on older versions of PD are available for use in the newer versions of PD but not for those that upgrade to save $5.00. It’s up to the individual as most of the effects and temlates aren’t even used or missed by those who choose upgrade over a new full install. Save the money and save the hard disk space is up to you.

I kind of answered my own question. When I ran the upgrade from 14 to 15, the very first thing the install did was delete 14. I have everything in 15 that I had in 14. My situation was unique in that I was moving my applications from an old computer to a new one and I did not have install disks. Cyberlink Customer Support was very helpful in providing me with the install exe files I needed, but I did have to install PD 14 on the new computer before I could install the upgrade to 15. In the end, I have the same functionality on the new computer that I had on the old one. Big tip to anyone contemplating a new computer. Keep your original Cyberlink Invoices, product keys, and serial numbers. They cannot supply you with install exe files without this information.