Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 15 crashes On Importing Large Videos
Beeegs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2017 13:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
So I have two videos each about 30GBs in size and when I try to import them the editor just crashes.
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So I have two videos each about 30GBs in size and when I try to import them the editor just crashes.

Hi Beegs

id is impossible to Help with absolut no Details from your PC and witch Version of PD15 ( Update )

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 30. 2017 16:57

Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb 1x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro
1xSamsung UA28D590 4k LUMIX GH5 1xLG HDR
Beeegs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2017 13:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So I have two videos each about 30GBs in size and when I try to import them the editor just crashes.

Hi Beegs

id is impossible to Help with absolut no Details from your PC and witch Version of PD15 ( Update )

Are you asking for my PC specs as well?

And I'm gonna be honest I think I have the newest update of PD15 because I can't tell what version I have.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
A DxDiag.txt may be helpful as most users don't have the problem. You can check the version and build as suggested by Paul1945 by clicking the word PowerDirector on the top right of the screen.
websiteee [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
According to me, I think It is very difficult to import 30 gb file. You need to find out some other way.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
You say you have 2 files each of 30GB. What is the origin of the files? It may be a non-supported format. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
chandersman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2015 08:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem, running PD15 build 2820. Crash appears when importing mp4 files previously produced by PD15, as well as other large mp4 files. All drivers up to date, process priority set to high. Anyone found a solution?

DXdiag.txt attached.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
74 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
249 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Make some free space on your "c" drive. You don;t have enough. The program requires a lot of free space on "c" even if it is installed on your other drive and even if all of your assets are on the other drive.

Also there are a lot of errors related to "DllHost.exe" Google for it and get rid of it if possible. Look at the last section of the dxdiag.exe file.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2017 12:00

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
chandersman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2015 08:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Make some free space on your "c" drive. You don;t have enough. The program requires a lot of free space on "c" even if it is installed on your other drive and even if all of your assets are on the other drive.

Also there are a lot of errors related to "DllHost.exe" Google for it and get rid of it if possible. Look at the last section of the dxdiag.exe file.

Thanks, I moved my cloud drive space to an alternate drive, which freed up about 80Gb on my C drive, cleared up the errors, uninstalled and reinstalled PD15, and reverted my video drivers to a previous version... that the last one was the thing that finally fixed it. Could have been a combination of things, but after the driver change, it started working.

You got me started down the right path - thank you very much!