Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD 8 Ultra patch 2705
fred [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2009 06:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Dear all,
I wonder what your experiences are like with the latest patch (2705). I had patch 2217a installed but had problems updating to 2521 and 2705 with an error message each time stating - 'You need to have the retail version installed...etc.' although I had the appropriate patch for the Ultra version.

Subsequently I uninstalled PDVD 8 Ultra, re-installed and installed patch 2705 over the base version successfully. However, I had no audio options and was unable to choose video hardware acceleration under the options menu. Further, each time I played a DVD or Blu-ray, PDVD 8 just crashed immediately. Any thoughts? Thanks.

AMD 9550 Quad
8GB RAM
Onboard HD 3200 (driver=Cat 9.3)
Onboard Realtek HD 889A codec (driver=2.20)
Vista-SP1 64-bit
AnyDVD 6531
Comodo Internet Security
CardinalFang [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2009 23:15 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
2521 took away blu ray playback and has many other problems reported on this forum, basically all of which I experienced. So I reverted to 2217a until 2705 came out. Being a glutton for punishment, I went ahead and tried it. So far it is working fine for me.

No patch version of PDVD8 seems to be able to play the Death Race blu ray properly for me; it freezes after you select the version of the film you want in the initial menu. Plays fine in WinDVD 9, of course. I often have this problem with PowerDVD where it won't play some blu rays. If I didn't like PDVD's interface so much better, I would have given up on it a long time ago and used WinDVD exclusively. It has always played anything I threw at it.

I am also running Vista SP1 x64. Seems to be the OS that PDVD has the most problems with overall.

Not running AnyDVD or Comodo; just AVG 8.5.285.

Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2009 18:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I really should read these forums before updating things.

I have just installed the latest patch 2705 and after I have lost my sound. The only way I could get one disc to work was to switch to audio output via HDMI instead of the normal 6 speaker surround.

I have been tinkering with settings but still not found an answer yet.