Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
* * * Help / Advice Needed * * *
Anon123456 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2017 07:25 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I run a pretty big youtube channel but I feel Powerdirector is leaving me behind the competition. The transitions, effects & text are too basic for what I need. I bought some newblue ones but they didnt work, even though I have the top version of Powerdirector. Apparently I needed to buy some program from them and do what I needed to on that program. It seemed very expensive so thought Id ask around first. I want my videos and the overall look to appear much more professional.

Other YouTubers seem to be using Sony Vegas for the required results Im after. Should I switch or can Powerdirector do what Sony Vegas can do too!?

FYI - I have the top of the range DirectorZone 15 at present.
Fayfen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2017 02:30 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Why don't you give a link to your channel so we can see the type of your work you do?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 14. 2017 09:58

7/64 I5-6600, H170M-ED3 8gb ram.
PAN-X900M
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Or a link to the youtube channel you think is 'more professional'. Power Director is a very powerful video editor. Has features that I've never used. Your idea of professional and my idea could be totally different.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 14. 2017 13:24

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
Anon123456 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Example of my competition

youtube.com/boxinglegendstv

transitions, titles, effects all vastly superior to what I find on powerdirector.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I didn't really see anything that can't be done in PowerDirector. The few transitions used are accompanied by flares and done very quickly, and the titles are basic. Some titling was probably done in a graphics editor and other graphics/titles overlayed. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Quote transitions, titles, effects all vastly superior to what I find on powerdirector.
If you are new to PD15, I can see how you might think that. But like Barry stated, I don't see anything there that can't be done in Power Director. First, making a video look 'professional' in any editor takes a lot time and fore thought. You can't just sit down and cobble together a few clips in a few minutes. I rarely use PD alone - a good graphics editor is handy. And somtimes even a 3D titler can spice things up. I'm not a big fan of too many gimmicks though. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
Anon123456 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Times not the issue. Like you said "A good graphics editor is handy. And somtimes even a 3D titler can spice things up"

Which graphics editor & 3D titler do you suggest?

Everything on Powerdirector seems far too basic.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
For free graphics editor Paint.net is very popular. If you want to pay Adobe Elements is easier to use, and if you look for a coupon I bet you can get it for under $60 US.

As for 3D titles I am a big fan of the included New Blue Titler Pro. It is a minor build of an older version but it just can do things so cool and fun, I love it. Too bad the api isn't open to newer versions, but it's still great. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andy -

I'd support what others have asserted.

If this is the channel to which you refer, there's nothing much there (I only watched a few snippets of video) that PDR couldn't do, along with a graphics editor like Paint.NET.

I'd also echo GGRussell's words: "Your idea of professional and my idea could be totally different." Software capabilities matter, but what you do with it matters way more.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Anon123456 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the replies.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
And don't forget by using Google you can get great graphics.
Google>image search>(insert search words)>tools>Color (transparent).
By using "transparent" the image or images will usually be a png file with an invisible background.
Copyright usage issues aside, that is where I get much of my material, though you may need to alter search words and look through THOUSANDS of images to find what you want. Often you can find ALMOST the perfect image and then alter it yourself in a graphics editor.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2017 09:44

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)