Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Remove" and "Fill gap" and "Fill gap and move all clips" not working...?
Dinarius [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2014 04:29 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I have lots of clips on my timeline.

The clips are unlocked from a music soundtrack below (there is no captured sound track. I have removed it.)

I am trimming the video clips and discarding what I don't want.

My problem is that, each time I highlight a clip, right-click and choose Remove, neither "Fill gap" nor "Fill gap and move all clips" work for me.

Everytime, I am left with a gap. I then have to move all the clips to the left.

Is this a settings problem or something?

Thanks.

D. Windows 10Pro x64; i6800k; GTX1070; 64Gb RAM; 256GB and 512GB SSDs; 2 x 4TB Storage:
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try the 3rd option that you did not list. Remove, Fill, Move...
Dinarius [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2014 04:29 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Try the 3rd option that you did not list. Remove, Fill, Move...

Thanks.

Yes, I forgot to include the third option.

But, it doesn't always work for me.

For example, if I cut a clip within the timeline using the "Split the selected clip" (a feature I LOVE!) and then Remove the bit of it I don't want and choose "Remove, Fill Gap, and Move All Clips", the clips don't move to the left.

I have to highlight them all and drag them manually.

Thanks again.

D. Windows 10Pro x64; i6800k; GTX1070; 64Gb RAM; 256GB and 512GB SSDs; 2 x 4TB Storage:
Justsayno [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2016 11:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have found that with photos on the video track 1 and audio on track 1 that I must delete each space individually.

I stgarted with 400 photos placed in track 1, no audio. I then added audio on track 1 audio. I began changing the duration to match the audio length and found I developed gaps. I could not delete the gaps all in one swoop, but I had to delete them individually,

However, when I move all audio clips from track 1 to track 2, I can now select all photos on track 1 and increase the duration to let us say 5 seconds and it eliminates the gap. I then can reset the the duration to let us say 4 seconds and the gaps are gone.

Note there must be no audio clip on the same track you are trying to delete mutliple gaps between photo clips.

I do not have problems with video clips that have separated audio files on the same track.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 24. 2020 15:37