Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Future PowerDirector Versions - Wish List/Suggestions
Wheaty [Avatar]
Newbie Location: North Yorkshire Joined: Nov 29, 2010 09:53 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I mainly use PD for creating videos of still images and the odd video clip or two included. I would like to see the following:

a) The ability to resize the photo quickly back to its original size if, later, I feel that 16:9 or CLPV introduces to much distortion in the image.

b) Smoother acceleration/deceleration when using magic motion

c) Ability to add full length music to menus than being restricted to a few seconds

d) Ability to retain the timeline scale when saving a project instead of having to stretch it out each time I load it in
Wheaty [Avatar]
Newbie Location: North Yorkshire Joined: Nov 29, 2010 09:53 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote MP4 sound quality equal to that of PD13 and earlier. A "patch" was made available earlier this year (and incorporated in latest updates I think) but previous versions still sound better. There is a distinctive "scratch" or distortion still perceptible. It's better than it was but still not as good as it should be.

I can add my support to this suggestion. Good quality sound is nearly as important as the picture and MP3 licenses are no longer being issued, I understand.
Frankster69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 13, 2017 13:32 Messages: 68 Offline
[Post New]
Simple workflow request:

Could you you add 'file in projectfolder' as destination for Snapshots?

They all end up in a big heap in my standard export folder, but I would like to have them separated in my projectfolders.

regards, Frank
fishtop_records
Newbie Location: Wayne, PA Joined: May 12, 2016 02:02 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Import, display of Garmin G-Metrix data

I have been using PD for a couple of years to edit GoPro video taken from dirt-bike rides. I like it a lot, and am happy to have paid for it.

But I replaced my GoPro with a Garmin Virb Ultra 30 because of the "G-Metrix" overlays. In English, not marketing speak, the camera itself records GPS/GPX data as it records video. Key things are position, speed, climb rate, G-forces, etc. If you use the free VirbEdit program that Garmin offers, you can display overlays on your video of the speed, position on the racetrack, etc. which is really cool.

As a bit of bundled free-ware, VirbEdit is not bad. But its is missing a zillion features and capabilites that we PD users take for granted. So naturally, I want PD to handle G-Metrix data so I can use a good editor.

I have no idea if Garmin has published specs of their file format, has APIs, etc. So I don't know how hard this would be. But I sure would love it, and expect that more action cameras will add similar capabilities in the future.
A_J_123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2016 07:15 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
For me improvements can made in the DVD production. I've always found this very slow. Simple enhancements would include the automatic population of sub menus with the title from the main menu. By all means allow it to be edited but start with the title selected from the main title instead of "my title".

Also make it easier to add more buttons. All of the DVDs I have burned so far have three because I gave up trying to add more.

Finally, save all the changes. I often change the selection from HQ to smart fit but when I reload it is gone and I have to wait for it to re-fit again.
[Post New]
Support for Different Aspect Ratios,

Specifically 3 x 4 and Square

Facebook videos are viewed much better when the user does not need to rotate the iPhone. This is very important for a video ad, when you are trying to get the user to stop scrolling, and watch the video.

A Square resolution or a 3x4 (not 4x3), 3 wide, 4 high display more of the video on the screen. And are viewed directly by the Facebook user.

Please those aspect ratios, or have the ability to define any aspect ratio.
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Recently upgraded to 4K TV. Would like to see support for 4K Bluray burning on single, dual, triple and quadruple layer Bluray disc. These burners and discs are now available although pricey.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 06. 2017 20:29

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
[Post New]
Developing 3D and 360 video features is nice, but to the average user, there are some current limitations which, really, should have been addressed in earlier versions of the program:

• Why can't you lock a segment inside of a track? at present, it's either the whole track or nothing. yell

• Why can't you mute a segment inside of a track? at present, it's either the whole track or nothing. yell

• Copying bits and pieces from one project to another is a bit of a nightmare. Please add tab management.

• Add feature: right click on a track and "jump to next segment of the track". Why? imagine adding an 0.5 seconds sound file to a track, and then try to find it in a 120 mins project file. it could take you for ever to find it!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 07. 2017 02:58

PD17 Ult, PD16Ult, PD15ult + 13ult + 12ult
Painthop X9, X7, X4, 9
Aurora 3D (!!)
Animation Shop
Flex Gif Animator
Howler 9.5 !!
Intel Core I7-479 Cpu, 3.6 Ghz, 24 Gig Ram
Windows 10. 64 bits
Nighthawk [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Dunedin, NZ Joined: Apr 09, 2015 04:27 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I use X-Keys programmable keyboard to control PowerDirector... I personally would like to see more short cut keys... I personally use http://xkeys.com/xkeys/xk68JSH.php and love it. It speeds my editing times up at least 2 fold, but not being a programmer I wish I could get it to do more... and be fully interactive...

For the most part, it works but the failing part of PD is there are various short cut keys that need to be implemented ie;

Short Cut Keys to;

• Zoom to view entire time line or view entire movie.

• Short cut to Power tools, motion tracker including direct to even direct to Video Speed etc this would just speed up the work flow I don't see why I need to click Power tools the click Video Speen and the still have to click the button beside... why? Why can't speed adjust tools settings appear where the button is and the preview using the main preview. Theand then the time temporary changes to one in the speed (same for Crop Video)

• Short Keys to go to the various Fix / Enhance settings

• Short Cut key for transfer clip to (if installed) Audio Director and ColorDirector... as well as chosen photo editor whether PhotoDirector, PhotoShop or CorelPaint etc (though I understand that you can not make Corel etc... send the image back... but most people would know this before hand)

• Short cut keys to the Capture, Edit, Produce and Create Disc screens.

There are more... I am also aware that some of these I may have missed may already be fixed in the next version etc.

X-Keys also have the SDK http://xkeys.com/PISupport/Developer.php for developers to integrate and develop for their software. And it would be cool if the developers of the PowerDirector developed scripts to make x-keys fully interact with PowerDirector. Doing this alone would give you an edge that your competitors don't have... not even the big guns offer this.

If this was an extra "plug in" I would buy it. Nighthawk Music : Wacky Wood Works
Nighthawk [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Dunedin, NZ Joined: Apr 09, 2015 04:27 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Why can't you mute a segment inside of a track? at present, it's either the whole track or nothing. yell

You can mute clips by selecting the clip right clicking and select "mute clip" and you can alter the volume level of the segment in the timeline by adjusting the levels on the wave form and adding nodes and adjust each node...
[Thumb - audio_TL.jpg]
 Filename
audio_TL.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Audio level - Time Line Wave Forms
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
73 time(s)
Nighthawk Music : Wacky Wood Works
[Post New]
Why can't you mute a segment inside of a track? at present, it's either the whole track or nothing. yell

You can mute clips by selecting the clip right clicking and select "mute clip" and you can alter the volume level of the segment in the timeline by adjusting the levels on the wave form and adding nodes and adjust each node...

Thanks Nighthawk, I stand corrected on this one! (in fact, I've used this feature fairly often, I don't know what I was thinking!) embarassed PD17 Ult, PD16Ult, PD15ult + 13ult + 12ult
Painthop X9, X7, X4, 9
Aurora 3D (!!)
Animation Shop
Flex Gif Animator
Howler 9.5 !!
Intel Core I7-479 Cpu, 3.6 Ghz, 24 Gig Ram
Windows 10. 64 bits
TargetBoy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2017 00:34 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
It would be nice to have a setting to 'dumb down' the desktop version of PowerDirector to the feature set used by the mobile version. This would allow a project to be moved freely between the two platforms. Call it "Mobile Compatability Mode", or something along those lines.

The other option would be to add all the functionality of the desktop version to the mobile version, but I doubt that is feasable. :-)

Mike DeSanto
A_J_123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

I'd like to see a new effect - duotone. See Videostudio as an example of what I mean.

Alisdair
[Post New]
Sometimes I really want to get goofy with transitions, for fun videos.

PD 15 does not have good transistions. Filmora does. Yes, Filmora does not have keyframes, other important stuff. But, Filmora has very good transistions.

Please add more Filmora-like transistions to PowerDirector.

Thanks..

Clark
[Post New]
A small request -

A setting that allows the user to change the background, video preview, from black to other lighter colors.

Often when I am editing a video, it is very difficult to see where the edge of the video is, versus the edge to the background. Both are often black.
malc-c [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2017 11:51 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
The first is a seperate clip preview window, where you can select in and out points and then press an inser button to place the portion of the track between the two point into the time line. The second preview window is used to playback the timeline.

If you open the trim window and (Ctrl + Alt + T) you can use the "mark in" and, "mark out" features in including doing a single trim as well as multiple trims.

I think the philosophy behind it is to keep the interface simple and not overly cluttered as this makes easier for a new user to learn while still having the power...

My suggestion would be if to have the option to change the interface at will (and to lock it) because every user is different so in this case have the option to have the trim window attached to main interface etc... I personally wouldn't use it as it as for me the interface would become too cluttered as I find it quicker and easier to just do quick trims on the main timeline. However, I will admit I also use an X-keys and Jog Wheel.

I would, however, have the VU meters switched on if they were available under the above scenario.

For me the option of having to drag the clip to the time line, hi-light it, click on on the scissor icon, trim the clip in the pop-up window and then having to reposition it on the timeline once trimmed is a bit of long winded process. Most of the other applications I tried (HitFilm, Resolve etc) display the selected clip whilst in the media pool in a preview window with the jog /shuttle, mark in and out buttons. Once the clip has been trimmed most have a "insert into timeline" button. For me this is a more intuitive method of editing.

Maybe there could be an option in the preferences to enable a locked preview window like the floating one that currently pops up like my suggested layout, or leave it as a pop up in the current format, so we all get the best of both worlds
Prizm [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2007 09:07 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
- I would like the option to remove all video/audio tracks. There are so many unremoveable tracks taking up space (title track, music track, the first two audio+video tracks, etc). It's a very inefficient use of space when there are unnecessary gaps for audio, music, etc that you don't need (but need a heap of video tracks).

- 2-pass encoding. Even at high bitrates (15mbps+), I've found that 2-pass can actually improve the quality of complex scenes.

- Smoother playback cursor (CTI).

- Smoother mouse zooming.

- When mouse zooming (CTRL+mouse wheel), please allow the zoom to follow where the mouse cursor is (like Pinnacle Studio, Premiere Pro and others). So basically the timeline will zoom in/out wherever you point the mouse while zooming. Currently it will always zoom in/out on the playback cursor/CTI.

- Please improve the effect/transition preview animation (the spinning flower and the A/B animation). It is horrible. It looks very low resolution, it's full of video tearing, and is a horrible frame rate. It makes PD look unprofessional.

Quote Please those aspect ratios, or have the ability to define any aspect ratio.

- A custom video size option would be handy.

Quote Please add more Filmora-like transistions to PowerDirector.

Even most of Premiere Pro's built-in transitions are garbage. In fact, to be honest, PD's built-in transitions are probably better quality than Premiere's (not the 3rd party ones like Adorage, those are tacky AF). I use FilmImpact transitions for Premiere, those are classy and very usable for text and images. But unfortunately not available for PD.

thanks

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 03. 2017 18:52

Antonycc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2017 18:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone! I'm a developer myself! Nice work! This is a great program! :-)

I use PD all the time. This is what I'd love to see, and in order of importance:

I'd like the video tools section to be easier and quicker to get to and load up, particularly video speed. It's really annoying when you need to speed up a video because it's slow to get to and to load. I just want to click 1-2 buttons and for it to just work fast. I also don't like the speed multiplier the way it is. I think there should be buttons next to it, like 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, etc... It would be much easier and quicker. It's too many button clicks to speed a video up.

I want subtitles to wrap properly and I'd like some small control of the font size.

I'd like there to be a directory tree in the produce section and ways to move files around Windows directories in the UI.

I'd like to be able to open up two instances of PD.exe, sometimes while one video is being produced, I like to start on the next.

When I click the Apply Random Transition Effects button, I want it to put 'simple' transitions in places where there is less than a 10 sec gap between it and the the transition.

Sound normalising doesn't seem to work effectively.

Antony.... :-) https://google.com
DanielZS26 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2012 15:24 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
The option to use Fast Start when rendering videos so they will process faster while it's uploading to Youtube and even they recommend to use this in rendered videos so they won't take forever to process meaning without it the video won't even process till it finishes uploading but with it beings processing as it's being uploaded saving some time.
A_J_123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, I'd like more control over cropping. Most features in PD have the percentage counters which give precision but cropping is pretty freehand. Why not give us the x:y percentages?

Alisdair
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Some way to customize WMV profiles. Now you have to use an outside program to create the WMV profile and copy it to the proper folder. Yes, it's an old format but still widely used. Perhaps the Dzone could be a place to download user's WMV profiles. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT