Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR14 patch v4207 now available.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,

PDR14 v4207 patch has been released today 04/07/2017.

Build Info:

• Version: PowerDirector 14

• Build number: 14.0.4207

• SR number: VDE170519-01

Software Update Pages:

Release notes:

• Note: This patch is not for PowerDirector Live subscribers, OEM versions, or versions purchased via Steam.

Patch Instruction :

• Updates PowerDirector 14 to build 4207 - Installing this patch update enhances the program stability.

Release note:

• Fixes the issues when uploading video to Facebook and Youku.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2018 01:53

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Julien Pierre [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Apr 14, 2011 01:34 Messages: 476 Offline
[Post New]
Those links only show v2820 from 2016/05/15 . v4207 is not there.

Quote Hi Members,

PDR14 v4207 patch has been released today 04/07/2017.

Build Info:

• Version: PowerDirector 14

• Build number: 14.0.4207

• SR number: VDE170519-01

Software Update Pages:

Release notes:

• Note: This patch is not for PowerDirector Live subscribers, OEM versions, or versions purchased via Steam.

Patch Instruction :

• Updates PowerDirector 14 to build 4207 - Installing this patch update enhances the program stability.

Release note:

• Fixes the issues when uploading video to Facebook and Youku.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator
MSI X99A Raider
Intel i7-5820k @ 4.4 GHz
32GB DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte nVidia GTX 960 4GB
480 GB Patriot Ignite SSD (boot)
2 x 480 GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD (striped)
6 x 1 TB Samsung 860 SSD (striped)

2 x LG 32UD59-B 32" 4K
Asus PB238 23" HD (portrait)
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
"Those links only show v2820 from 2016/05/15 . v4207 is not there."

Hi Members,

Something went wrong with the Patch links page and it reverted to an older copy. This has been rectified.

The Patch links are now working correctly again.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2017 04:01

- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
PrzemoloN [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Poland Joined: May 15, 2016 03:53 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have problem after updating my PD14 . Now I can't use hardware accelleration on my GPU nVidia GTX750 when i produce MP4 H.264 movies. Why? I use Windows 7 64bit. My CPU: Intel Pentium G2358 @~4,4GHz, 8GB RAM

I didn't have such problems before an update (when I had only patch 2707).

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 16. 2017 02:52

Przemek
websiteee [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
I am also facing such problem, I just want to know that it is a hardware problem or software problem.
bloosh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2017 12:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Im new to this forum and cyberlink in general besides a PowerDVD on my laptop that I am very satisfied with.

I recently bought a PowerDirector 14 LE. The download link they give is XXXXXXX. i have tried to contact support and they said that 14 LE is a predownloaded version bundled into hardware. I do not have it anywhere in my system. I cannot find a way to download PowerDirector 14 LE. Could anyone assist me on a where to find the 14 build and previous versions in general.

[Moderation Note:

Link removed pending checking validity]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2017 15:25

[Post New]
Hello,

First of all, the link to the digital download was removed. Please do not share links publically to download software.

Second, can you tell us where you purchased this link from? What store? A link to the website where it was purchased would be helpful.

And lastly, you should have started a new thread, as your topic has nothing to do with the original posting.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

David Anderson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 18, 2017 17:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I had not used my PowerDVD 14 for a few months. I then had to format my hard drive, reload Windows 10 Home, and re-install all my apps. When I re-installed PowerDVD 14, and tried to play a Blu-ray disk, it suggested applying this update "for a smoother experience". I did so, and then I could no longer play Blu-ray disks. It would say "unable to access device, try another device". And later would have error 101. It never could again play Blu-ray. It suggested uninstall and re-install, which I did. Same problem, no joy. I sent 2 email's to Cyberlink support. They never replied back. It's been over 2 weeks since my last attempt.

I have an I7, 8 GB memory, and plenty of hd space. I know it's not my device drivers, because I downloaded a freeware blu-ray player, and it works.

Was this upgrade for the purpose of killing my blu-ray play back so as to get me to pay for an upgrade? This happened a few years ago with a previous version. That time I did pay for the upgrade.
[Post New]
Hi,

Not sure exactly what the issue is.

Do you mean that the re-installed PowerDVD 14 asked you to install a PowerDirector 14 update? I'm not sure why it would do that?

Can you clarify exactly what versions of which software you are using?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

PrzemoloN [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have problem after updating my PD14 . Now I can't use hardware accelleration on my GPU nVidia GTX750 when i produce MP4 H.264 movies. Why? I use Windows 7 64bit. My CPU: Intel Pentium G2358 @~4,4GHz, 8GB RAM

I didn't have such problems before an update (when I had only patch 2707).

Can anyone answer my question? is there any support for customers using your legal software? Przemek
[Post New]
Hi,

Have you contacted Customer or Technical support? If so, what was the response?

If you haven't done so, please contact them via the links below my signature.

This is a member to member forum and no-one from CL regularly visits the forum.

Please let me know by PM what happened or happens with Support.

If you continue to have difficulties I can try to escalate the issue. In the meantime, you can always re-install PD but not apply the 4207 patch, if that works better for you.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

PrzemoloN [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Have you contacted Customer or Technical support? If so, what was the response?

If you haven't done so, please contact them via the links below my signature.

This is a member to member forum and no-one from CL regularly visits the forum.

Please let me know by PM what happened or happens with Support.

If you continue to have difficulties I can try to escalate the issue. In the meantime, you can always re-install PD but not apply the 4207 patch, if that works better for you.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I have contacted support on Dec 30th and I'm waiting for any answer. Przemek
David Anderson [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Do you mean that the re-installed PowerDVD 14 asked you to install a PowerDirector 14 update? I'm not sure why it would do that?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Yes, it did ask for that. I tried to find the specific version/build #, but could not. Most apps, you can find that under "About <app name>", but that doesn't exist on PowerDVD14. All I know is that it used to play Blu-ray, and now after re-install, it does not, whether I do the update or not. I've tried it both ways. Any help you can give is appreciated. This has given me a sour taste in my mouth for Cyberlink.

Thanks,
David
David Anderson [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cyberlink just released a new patch/update for PowerDVD 14 on 2018-01-02. I have struggled for hours trying to figure out how to make this work. After installing this patch, thanks to the suggestion from Cyberlink Support after 3 requests for help, it fixed it! Problem solved!

Quote Hi,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Yes, it did ask for that. I tried to find the specific version/build #, but could not. Most apps, you can find that under "About <app name>", but that doesn't exist on PowerDVD14. All I know is that it used to play Blu-ray, and now after re-install, it does not, whether I do the update or not. I've tried it both ways. Any help you can give is appreciated. This has given me a sour taste in my mouth for Cyberlink.

Thanks,
David