Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
808 Bass Sounds Distorted
EOCYT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2016 06:58 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Why is it that everytime I save a video with a song that has a 808 Bass it goes distorted.

Makes a crackling sound in the background.

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxXplg5EGss

If i download that beat and save it in a video, it will have a weird sound in the background.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi EOCYT -

What's the source of those 808 bass samples? Are they like the ones here?

What did you use to process them?

Do the original downloaded samples have any distortion built in? e.g. many of those found in the link above do.

Is there unwanted distortion in the produced file? or only once it's processed by YouTube?

What format/profile did you use for production?

Here, there a distinct difference between the original .wav files & the audio in a produced MP4 (AAC) beside an m2ts produced file (LPCM)... but, if anything, the distortion is killed off quite a bit.

For comparison: 5 samples produced as .WAV, produced files - MP4 & M2TS

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
EOCYT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Why did the .WAV sound go distorted when saved as .MP4? Especially in the second and third 808 sounds. It's just on PowerDirector too, I've saved the same beat as a MP4 on PowderDirector 15 and then on a different video editor and it was only distorted on PD15. It just has that really annoying sound like wind blowing through a microphone
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi EOCYT -

I was trying to help you isolate the problem by asking those questions, but you haven't given any further information. I don't doubt that you're getting distortion, but no one here knows what your workflow is...

MP4 uses AAC audio, which is lossy & compressed. That may be a factor with your issue... or it may be something else!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
EOCYT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well i've done the same thing you've done up there ^^^^

Your MP4 sounds like mine but you M2TS sounds pretty good so does that mean I have to save all my videos as M2TS when using PowerDirector 15.

What's the source of those 808 bass samples? Are they like the ones here?

Yes

What did you use to process them? Do the original downloaded samples have any distortion built in? e.g. many of those found in the link above do.

My beat was made on FruityLoops stuido but any song with 808 that i've downloaded off youtube does the same thing too

Is there unwanted distortion in the produced file? or only once it's processed by YouTube? What format/profile did you use for production?

I think it gets worse on youtube but yes there is unwanted distortion in the produced Mp4