Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Gear 360 & Action Director: No audio device options, streaming fails with rtmp error
ftlian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2017 23:26 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am a disappointed new owner of the Gear 360 2017 edition.

I finally found the newer version of the "Action Director" software for Windows that can detect the camera (the old version of the software asks for a key that doesn't come with the camera).

I then discovered the software won't let me select my audio input device (makes the camera useless for live streaming a radio show, since our callers can't be heard, and we'd be heard during the breaks, which was the reason I bought it).

But even if I wanted to stream live, I can't. I've tried facebook, youtube, and inputting custom address/key. I get the same error each time: Connecting to the rtmp server was unsuccessful. hr = 0xE0020000

Googling the error reveals nothing, so I came across this group and figured maybe someone else here had the same trouble.

Anyone? Thanks in advance!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 01. 2017 23:46

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Have you defined your default audio source in Windows default Recording Devices?
ftlian [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Have you defined your default audio source in Windows default Recording Devices?

Yes. Why do you ask? The Action Director software is using the camera audio, presumably. This thing's made for a general audience who isn't so good with their tech. But to not even have the option to switch sources in the software is crippling.

Of course, it not streaming at all to any source (I tried them all.) is also crippling. I'm an experienced windows user and am running a PF sense router. I've never had to do anything with my router to get an RTMP stream to work, but maybe this Action Director software is being blocked somehow. Any ideas?

I think my next step is to put it on a laptop and see if streaming works there from my same network then put it on somone else's network and try again.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I asked because it is a good basic step to define your default devices and if you hadn't done so then I thought it might have helped.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
There are, as far as I know, not many Gear360 users on this forum... & even fewer would be streaming live. It's, therefore, unlikely that you'll come across anyone having the same issue.

I fit both categories. No Gear360 camera & no live streaming. I do, however have Gear360 ActionDirector installed for testing purposes. Unfortunately, because of the lack of camera, when I opened up Gear360 Live I was unable to get in & check out preferences and options available. Screenshot of opening screen attached, which doesn't appear to offer audio source options.

Anyway, I know that's of no use to you. Sorry.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Gear360 Live.png]
 Filename
Gear360 Live.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
79 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ftlian [Avatar]
[Post New]
Somewhat good news: I have a pfblocker package in my pfsense router that was blocking multiple countries. I turned this off and now it's streaming successfully. I was able to connect to YouTube tonight.

However, this doesn't solve the other problem where the Action Director software won't allow for switching audio sources. I am sending feedback to Cyberlink's tech support in hopes of getting this basic feature added.
kewlking [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2017 01:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Somewhat good news: I have a pfblocker package in my pfsense router that was blocking multiple countries. I turned this off and now it's streaming successfully. I was able to connect to YouTube tonight.

However, this doesn't solve the other problem where the Action Director software won't allow for switching audio sources. I am sending feedback to Cyberlink's tech support in hopes of getting this basic feature added.

Hi ftlian,

were you able to get a solution? I am in a similar boat - want to live-stream the stitched 360 video feed with a synchronized external audio signal directly to youtube. Wondering if ActionDirector can be used for that or pretty much any other software.
ftlian [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here's the reply I got from Cyberlink. They basically passed the buck to Samsung. "Complain to them and maybe they'll tell us to add that feature" was the answer:

Customer Support Response 2017/07/12 13:58

<p style="line-height: 20px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px;">

<p style="line-height: 20px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px;">Dear Ian ,

<p style="line-height: 20px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px;">Thank you for writing back.

<p style="line-height: 20px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px;">In regards to your concern, I would like to inform that the Gear 360 ActionDirector 2 -> Gear 360 Live supports to stream video and audio directly from the Gear 360 2017 camera, but currently not support to adjust the audio device to other microphones.

Gear 360 ActionDirecteor is hardware bundle (OEM) version software. The product features and compatibility are exclusively customized and optimized for the Gear 360 camera per the hardware vendor (Samsung) request and specification. It is different from generic retail version product.

For the new feature or program alternation request, you are advised to contact Samsung support to report the needs.

<p style="line-height: 20px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px;">Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

<p style="line-height: 20px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px;">https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

<p style="line-height: 20px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px;">Thanks and Regards,

<p style="line-height: 20px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px;">Abhinav
CyberLink Technical Support