Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I add transitions into a movie please?
[Post New]
Can you please explain how I can drag and drop a transition between the clips please? I'm unsure how to do this?

Many thanks. All women can do great things.
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Louise

Place your clips on the timeline.

Open the Transition Room (F

Find the transition you'll like to use and marke it,

then drag it to the timeline to the point where 2 clips ar next to each other.

Work done - cheers Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can you please explain how I can drag and drop a transition between the clips please? I'm unsure how to do this?

Many thanks.

That is pretty open ended. Isd it just one transition between two clips that are next to each other? Is it one transiyion that you want to add to all of the clips?

What have you tried that didn't work.

Go here for all the Tutorials. Look at the video tutorials.

Go here for ADVANCED transition editing.

If thise are no what you are looking for, please explain in more detail. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Quote Can you please explain how I can drag and drop a transition between the clips please? I'm unsure how to do this?

Many thanks.

That is pretty open ended. Isd it just one transition between two clips that are next to each other? Is it one transiyion that you want to add to all of the clips?

Just one to all the clips, except the last one

What have you tried that didn't work.

I have tried going back to it after saving it and then it says it can't find it and I get a load of black squares that are squashed up together. I'm seriously thinking of getting another video editing programme as Cyberlink keeps going wrong too much and the hastle is really stressing me out now. Ive spent month's trying to sort the mess out all to no avail, I really have lost faith in Cyberlink, I've never experienced such a crappy program that has gone wrong so much!

I now have to up load the files yet again which I spent all morning doing (all for nothing!) Even the video files vanish when I turn on my laptop again.

Can someone explain WHY this is happening? Anyone else had this problem?

Go here for all the Tutorials. Look at the video tutorials.

Go here for ADVANCED transition editing.

If thise are no what you are looking for, please explain in more detail.

Please read my response above.
[Thumb - SnapShot.jpg]
 Filename
SnapShot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
47 time(s)
All women can do great things.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
It is tough to read the response in my post.

Select the transition you want and add it to your favorites (transition). Go to that option and right clcik on the transition. Select to apply it to all.

Let me know if that is what you are looking for and if that worked for you.

As for why it doesn't work for you and does for millions of others, I have no idea. Does your computer exceed the minimum requirements? If you are not sure, please post a Windows dxdiag.exe text file in your response. Go here and scroll down for instructions.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 29. 2017 09:28

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
[Post New]
Quote It is tough to read the response in my post.

Select the transition you want and add it to your favorites (transition). Go to that option and right clcik on the transition. Select to apply it to all.

Let me know if that is what you are looking for and if that worked for you.

Thanks for your reply, i don't know why the programme isn't saving my video files and saying it can't find them when I open the programme again. I had less trouble with version 12 (I should Have kept it).

Does your computer exceed the minimum requirements?
It's a 64 bit processor on this one with 2tb

Dos anyone know what I could be doing wrong please?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 29. 2017 09:31

stevek
[Post New]
I suggested "If you are not sure, please post a Windows dxdiag.exe text file in your response. Go here and scroll down for instructions.

Now I would like to make that a firm request!

Did you try my instructions on the transitions?.

. .
[Post New]
Quote I suggested "If you are not sure, please post a Windows dxdiag.exe text file in your response. Go here and scroll down for instructions.

Now I would like to make that a firm request!

Did you try my instructions on the transitions?.

Sorry I'm not very techically minded, hope this is what you meant?
 Filename
Computer information.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
309 time(s)
stevek
[Post New]
Yes, that is the information I asked for.

Yes, your computer should meet or exceed the minimum requirement.

You have a large system hard drive but it is almost empty. Where are your video files programs like this don;t use remote storage very well.

Look at the last section of that text file and you will several entries that indicate that Windows is not being update. It says that there is a Windows error WindowsWcpOtherFailure3. If you look on line, there are some fixes for that error. Once fixed, Windows shoulod update properly.

Until you get Windows fixed and updated, it is hard to offer more suggestions. .
[Post New]
Quote Yes, that is the information I asked for.

Yes, your computer should meet or exceed the minimum requirement.

You have a large system hard drive but it is almost empty. Where are your video files programs like this don;t use remote storage very well.

Look at the last section of that text file and you will several entries that indicate that Windows is not being update. It says that there is a Windows error WindowsWcpOtherFailure3. If you look on line, there are some fixes for that error. Once fixed, Windows shoulod update properly.

Until you get Windows fixed and updated, it is hard to offer more suggestions.

Can I manually update. if so how do I do this please? All women can do great things.
stevek
[Post New]
Actually Microsoft is very helpful if you call them. They can help you better than I can.

What about where yiu have your files?

I know I post rather long replies. Please read and answert ALL that I ask. .
[Post New]
Quote Actually Microsoft is very helpful if you call them. They can help you better than I can.

I know I post rather long replies. Please read and answert ALL that I ask.

Updates are installing, so i will try and work on this movie, if I go ahead onto produce it shouldn't effect the update should it? All women can do great things.
[Post New]
Quote Actually Microsoft is very helpful if you call them. They can help you better than I can.

I know I post rather long replies. Please read and answert ALL that I ask.

Updates are installing, so i will try and work on this movie, if I go ahead onto produce it shouldn't effect the update should it?

Updates have failed again (what a surprise) also I am trying to right click on the transistion in favourites and I can't see anything for adding it to all frames. Also wen I try to drop it between the frames I get a red stop sign or circle with a red line going across, perhaps it's my learning difficulty getting in the way. Nothings going right at the moment.

I'm just going to the produce tab and hope something works, but I'm not holding my breath. All women can do great things.