Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
red color drops out
Reynold050 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2017 13:51 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PD13 on Windows 10. I am importing an avi movie into a new project. It is long, about 40 min. The red color drops out intermittently for a few seconds, repeatedly. This is throughout the movie. I have played this avi movie directly using Windows Media Player and other players, and the colors are correct. It is not just in the preview, it is in the final output. I produced a DVD and the color had the same defect. I have also imported another avi movie, about 20 min., into the same project. It does not exhibit any color aberrations. After importing the first avi 4 or 5 times, and deleting it, I tried importing it with Scene Detection (RichVideo information). This did not help.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am using PD13 on Windows 10. I am importing an avi movie into a new project. It is long, about 40 min. The red color drops out intermittently for a few seconds, repeatedly. This is throughout the movie. I have played this avi movie directly using Windows Media Player and other players, and the colors are correct. It is not just in the preview, it is in the final output. I produced a DVD and the color had the same defect. I have also imported another avi movie, about 20 min., into the same project. It does not exhibit any color aberrations. After importing the first avi 4 or 5 times, and deleting it, I tried importing it with Scene Detection (RichVideo information). This did not help.

I don't know if this will help, but you may try converting it with something like Format Factory. There could be a small glitch in the original encoding. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Reynold050 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2017 13:51 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, this makes sense. However, I solved the issue and improved my results by going back to the project file and producing the movie in the mpeg format, then going to DVD. The disk looks a hair sharper, and it shows much less jitter of horizontal lines during zooms, as compared to sourcing a DVD from AVI. I did notice a slight difference in the audio -- it seems to have a treble tipup, which improves spoken-word intelligibility, but of course it thins out the music. I had assumed that AVI would be best quality ... not the case here. The mpeg movie had no color anomalies. All in all, a good learning experience.