Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Action director failing to stitch GEAR 360 (2017) video
jucilei [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2017 23:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I am having the same problem when video are getting stiched... just a black screen with white lines in it... I install the software s\from sumsung web page, and today I found out that there is a pathc update, but it did not resolve the issue.

My PC is a Windows 10,

Core-i7-7700 CPU

16 GB memeory

NVidia GeForce GT730

attached is a screen shot of the video after stiched.
[Thumb - Gear360.JPG]
 Filename
Gear360.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Gear360 ActionDirector
 Filesize
161 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
138 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 06. 2017 23:40

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jucilei -

There's a fair bit of confusion about this... I've seen it in the Samsung forums.

The problem is that, as the OP found, the older version of the software (the one you have) isn't stitching files from the new Gear360 camera - the Gear360 2017 Is that the camera you're using?

If so, you need this version (ActionDirector 2) The download will be called "Gear_360_ActionDirector_2.0.1619_Live_1.0.0419.exe" - NOT "Gear_360_ActionDirector_2005_15L"

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 07. 2017 01:42

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Also make sure you are watching the preview in 360 mode (looks sort of like the globe icon below the previeew window. It doesn;t look like it is selected. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
SteveAx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2018 20:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi jucilei -

There's a fair bit of confusion about this... I've seen it in the Samsung forums.

The problem is that, as the OP found, the older version of the software (the one you have) isn't stitching files from the new Gear360 camera - the Gear360 2017 Is that the camera you're using?

If so, you need this version (ActionDirector 2) The download will be called "Gear_360_ActionDirector_2.0.1619_Live_1.0.0419.exe" - NOT "Gear_360_ActionDirector_2005_15L"

Cheers - Tony

I am having the exact same issue as ARRELL with the corrupt stitching and have been reading this thread with desperation since Samsung technical support is zero help. They say the issue was with the camera and even sent me a new 360 to solve the issue which of course continues because we know the issue is with Action Director. I was excited to see the links above and your solution for using "Gear_360_ActionDirector_2.0.1619_Live_1.0.0419.exe" I used your link but I'm getting this error:

The process cannot continue because the (Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 (x64)) install was unsucessful. Please contact Microsoft technical support for assistance. The installation will now abort. Steve Axtell
http://www.axtell.com
SP01L3R [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2018 19:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi.

I have the Samsung 360 (2017).
Same problem here. I've installed 3 different versions of the GEAR 360 Action Director...

360 ActionDirector
All the versions retuned the same error when importing directly from the camera....
I get this message

Error Message

In the camera, using the Phone (Note , stitching is not a problem at all...

Not much help from Samsung either...

Anyone has found a solution?

Thank you.